Jaguars may need a temporary venue for 2025 and 2026 amid stadium renovations

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Didn't the Bears go to U of Illinois for a season? Panthers had to play at Clemson in year 1

Would FSU or UF be willing to play ball?

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
London. The Khans are like Gods over there. Tony just sold 100k+ tickets at Wembley for some wrasslin show.
But it wouldn't be feasible for a whole season, nevermind two. The NFL wants their European division, but I think Jacksonville would like to still stay close to home especially if they're building a winning team. Gotta build that momentum.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
But it wouldn't be feasible for a whole season, nevermind two. The NFL wants their European division, but I think Jacksonville would like to still stay close to home especially if they're building a winning team. Gotta build that momentum.
They’re years away from even being able to put that together for that to affect this.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Gainesville would make the most sense.

Plus they have a relationship because of the UF-UGA game
I think the Citrus Bowl in Orlando may end up being preferred option (even though it is a little further away). More recently renovated and more NFL ready. They’ve held the Pro Bowl there several times. vs Gainesville which I think is still all metal bleachers.

Also re: Georgia-Florida, I wonder if renovations in Jacksonville may be used as a reason to move the game on campus permanently. There have been rumors of Georgia wanting to pull the plug on the neutral site for years.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
Wouldn't mind Toronto but the Jays would probably block it. My guess is that they will have more games in London.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
My guess is the college stadiums in Gainesville or Orlando for a couple of years.

FBS football is massive in the United States, so it's not like the Coyotes going into a college/junior barn. Camping World Stadium in Orlando seats 60,000 which is barely less than NFL stadiums. It's also only a 2 hour drive from their current stadium in Jacksonville so you can retain a good portion of your season ticket holder base (considering it's a once every other week event on a weekend).

DrDorrian MD

Jun 23, 2022
That stadium is in the worst place in jacksonville. right next to the hood. Huge stadium though i remember when they put in that giant jumbo-tron. wonder what theyre doing now?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Didn't the Bears go to U of Illinois for a season? Panthers had to play at Clemson in year 1

Would FSU or UF be willing to play ball?

Yup, Khan's alma mater, too. Saw my first NFL game going to a Champaign Bears game.

And yeah, partnering with a university makes all the sense in the world.

Reactions: HisIceness

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Damn, I just read the cost of the renos will be $1.3 - $1.4 billion alone. Maybe that includes that giant atrium thingy out front (maybe that in itself is a few hundred million hence the high cost). Buffalo's new stadium is being built for $1.4 billion.

oknazevad

Dec 12, 2018
Considering how extensive these renos look, it's practically a new stadium. Which would be the second time, as the existing stadium was essentially a total reconstruction of the old Gator Bowl stadium in the first place.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
This will clearly go over well playing in a much smaller stadium during rennovations, much like the Coyotes playing at Mullett.

Bucky_Hoyt

Dec 11, 2005
Singapore
I heard this little town called Oakland has a soon-to-be-vacant stadium.

Joking aside, I'd say Gainsville or Orlando make the most sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00