Jagr's old Jofa helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Ipa said:
Because it's cool and dangerous, and Jaromir is a cool and dangerous guy. I think he should also smoke while playing.

Agree, hes really cool! I love that helmet. And his hair peeps out of his helmet again! Like in the good old days...

And he should somke like Clint Eastwood in spagheti westerns. Playing hockey and allways having a cigarette on the one side... :biglaugh:

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Epsilon said:
Jagr needs to go fully old-school for the next season with the old Jofa helmet and a return of the mullet.

I've been saying that all along.

Lemieux too.

Maybe they could develop some kind of remote symbiotic relationship, and finish 1-2 in league scoring.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I realize all the comments here are tongue in cheek, but those old school Jofa helmets offer all the protection of a cardboard box. In fact, Michel Goulet's career ended due to a concussion he suffered while wearing one, going into the end boards at the Forum one night while playing for Chicago. You'll often see them in men's leagues, which just slays me -- some guy out there with $500 skates on, and a 20 year old bucket that provides zero protection. Yeah, that's intelligent... :dunno:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Those playrs are so god damn stupid, I remember Kurri, Gretzky and Lowe wear those ridiculous JOFA 'helmets' even in the late 90s, current players still wearing them is inexcusable. I can understand why some players don't like visors because it distracts their vision (spare the eye-injuries please) but wearing those old JOFAs is about as useful as wearing baseball cap in a hockey game.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
best helmet ever award goes to petr klima - the ice cream bucket special

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
TORRUS said:
And he should somke like Clint Eastwood in spagheti westerns. Playing hockey and allways having a cigarette on the one side... :biglaugh:

If I'm not mistaken, The Man With No Name smoked cigarillos.
:teach:

RedLightDistrict

Jan 21, 2005
does anyone have a link to an auction site or something like that where i can buy the type of helmet that irbe wears? Granted, I'll just keep it as a display or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad