Eklund Rumor: Jagr to Flames (E4)

Razzdazzle1

Apr 25, 2017
Just once I'd love to come into an Eklund thread and not read this exact comment a dozen times. If people don't want to discuss eklund rumors then simply don't click on it. It's as simple as that.

I wonder how many other fake accounts Eklund has.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Just once I'd love to come into an Eklund thread and not read this exact comment a dozen times. If people don't want to discuss eklund rumors then simply don't click on it. It's as simple as that.

That's the whole point of an Eklund thread.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I still dont understand how uncredible sources get deleted but Eklund is still allowed

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I still dont understand how uncredible sources get deleted but Eklund is still allowed

because Eklund has actually announced some credible stuff hours before anyone else makes a peep.

A quote from another Eklund thread sums it up;

He definitely has legit sources, the thing is he reports everything he hears without doing any further investigation.

He's a gossip. He's one of those old ladies that hears one thing, and just HAS to tell everyone, regardless of whether the details are true or not.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
because Eklund has actually announced some credible stuff hours before anyone else makes a peep.

A quote from another Eklund thread sums it up;

He's a gossip. He's one of those old ladies that hears one thing, and just HAS to tell everyone, regardless of whether the details are true or not.

But he's more than a gossip when he starts putting probabilities to things. 90% confident makes it sounds less like he's a gossip and more like he's choosing how to interpret any "inside info" he gets in order to attract the most eyeballs.

When Jagr doesn't sign with Calgary hopefully he loses any credibility he has left.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I like to joke about eklund but I will say one thing. Eklund always reports on what he says he's hearing from his sources on chatter between GMs. It doesn't mean that it going to happen but GMs chat all the time. People tend to see one of the rumours he puts out and say " look he got another one wrong" when he was only reporting what he was told at that time. Of all the talks teams have regarding trades I'm sure only about 5% actually happen

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Eklund is entirely credible on Flyers stuff. He's actually well connected there. Everything else I think a fan could predict as well as he does. For instance I could have said this summer Calgary was making lots of calls on goaltenders. This is common sense. That's basically what Eklund does. Calgary could use a top 6 RW. Jagr to Calgary E4.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Eklund may tell you that it is stuff he is hearing, but most of his stuff seems like made-up gibberish.

Sure, he has a few ins, and once every few years he will break something. He for sure has some sources. People will shrug-off the stuff that doesn't come to fruition as simply as what he says - just talks didn't go too far or it fell apart somewhere.

I don't pay any attention to him. However, since we are discussing Jaromir Jagr - one of the best hockey players of all time and an idol of mine - I don't care if it makes sense or not. I don't care if it is a fit or not. Sign him. Sign him now Treliving. I want a Calgary Flames Jagr jersey.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Eklund reports what he hears and not what he's confident will happen. That means somebody somewhere wants there to be a rumor that Jagr is going to Calgary. Most likely that's Jagr's camp trying to generate some interest to drive up his value a little.

Most people that are regulars on the trade boards here are connected enough to know that Eklund rumors are blind squirrel predictions, NHL/KHL GMs even more-so, but it's a tactic that has literally no downside.

If Jagr's agent calls McKenzie or Lebrun to tell them he wants to come to Calgary, they're going to check with their sources in Calgary to confirm the interest is mutual before they report a rumor.

At the very least Eklund doesn't just pull his predictions out of thin air.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Since Eklund is the one who said it Jagr probably has a better chance of going to Hartford than to the Flames.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

It's pretty important because otherwise a newcomer might come to an Eklund rumor thread and think that he actually has some credibility. Avoiding the truth isn't the right thing to do.

They also are useful in that they act as reverse confirmations. For instance, now we know that Jagr won't go to Flames.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I suspect the best thing Jagr would do for the Flames is help sell a bunch of the new jerseys. Personally I would rather bring up one of the kids on the farm.

TMLFOREVER**

May 8, 2017
EK rumours drive me nuts.

He's been around for 10 years now AND HAS NEVER GOTTEN ON PREDICTION RIGHT. Its like he intentionally tries to miss. Take any 5 year old girl spinning a wheel and she is likely to hit on at least 1 or 2 in 10 years.

This (expletive) should be banned from HF boards from people posting his predictions.

He is getting rich off of you (expletives) from buying his site, and laughing at you all the way to the bank. Wake the hell up people.

TMLFOREVER**

May 8, 2017

Then why are you posting this crap? Are you one of his followers?

EVERYONE STOP POSTING EK RUMOURS!!!!!

Force him to go to work like the rest of us instead of sucking you into his money grab nonsense.

Here is a prediction for you. Toronto will one day make a trade with Nashville".

That prediction right there will be more accurate than any of his trade predictions of the last 10 years.

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Holy crap people. How hard is it just to not click on the link when you see Eklund if you can't stand him? Is there some doctor diagnosed physical condition that forces you to do so? You're accomplishing nothing by coming in these threads regurgitating the same Eklund bashing comments. I understand why people feel the way they do about Eklund, but it gets a little tiring reading it over and over again. If you're gonna do it, at least try and be a little original about it!

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Ever wonder why posts from HF magically appear in different wording on his site when it comes to rumors or speculations? I know the reasoning but will refrain from posting it publicly but it is kinda of ironic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad