Injury Report: Jagr placed on IR retroactive to Dec 31st, Ryan Lomberg recalled from Stockton

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Odd considering everything that's been said recently.. I thought he was done with us for good?

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Just for an extra body in practice I assume?

Happy for him, I honestly didn't think he'd ever be good enough to make it up here.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The Lomberg recall doesn't make sense considering we already have 1 healthy extra body and are entering a 5 day break after today's game, the only way it would kind of make sense is if there are a couple of players that have a nagging injury and are game-time decisions.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Lomberg recall doesn't make sense considering we already have 1 healthy extra body and are entering a 5 day break after today's game, the only way it would kind of make sense is if there are a couple of players that have a nagging injury and are game-time decisions.
Probably just a bonus for Lomberg. I suspect that he, along with Hrivik and Mangiapane will be back with the Heat on Wednesday to play that night in their lone game this week.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Probably just a bonus for Lomberg. I suspect that he, along with Hrivik and Mangiapane will be back with the Heat on Wednesday to play that night in their lone game this week.

That's what I was thinking, just a nice little bonus for working hard. Iirc Feaster used to utilize that quite a bit during breaks and such.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Can we officially declare Poirrer, Klimchuk and Shrinkaruk bust?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
They're all still on their ELC's so no. But they're also all being passed on the depth chart by other prospects which bodes poorly for their future in the organization.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Poirier is probably close. I think Klimchuk will play for a long time and it’s probably 50/50 on Shink.

Shinkaruk and Poirier are busts in my eyes. Klimchuk gets a pass since he's missed so many games since being drafted. Finally put together a good campaign last year and is having a good year this year as well.

Once next year hits and the Flames hopefully cut ties with Curtis "I can't do anything at an NHL level" Lazar, they slide Klimchuk into the 4th line.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Klimchuk if given the chance has a future at least on a fourth line somewhere. Poirier I think is unlikely but could be a 13th/14th at least, and could still improve. I think Shink is done. He's top 6 or bust

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Shinkaruk and Poirier are busts in my eyes. Klimchuk gets a pass since he's missed so many games since being drafted. Finally put together a good campaign last year and is having a good year this year as well.

Once next year hits and the Flames hopefully cut ties with Curtis "I can't do anything at an NHL level" Lazar, they slide Klimchuk into the 4th line.

I think Lazar is an adequate 4th liner....nothing more though

One of those guys that should always fight for a job...Once he has no energy, he is done

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I really like Lomberg, I think he'll be a 4th liner here in another year or two. He's a very very very poor mans Marchand. Has some offensive abilities, but he's a f***ing asshole to play against.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Shinkaruk is likely a bust. Poirier I think COULD be a late bloomer if he can work past his recent issues. Klimchuk I have hopes for. I think worst case, he's a 4th line guy, but I doubt he ever becomes more than a defensive bottom 6 winger.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I wager all three of those guys are done. Klimchuk has an outside shot, and I wager a higher ceiling than Shink or Poirier.

Remember when the 2013 draft was supposed to be the best in a decade? Lol. At least we got the best player.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I wager all three of those guys are done. Klimchuk has an outside shot, and I wager a higher ceiling than Shink or Poirier.

Remember when the 2013 draft was supposed to be the best in a decade? Lol. At least we got the best player.
Brian Burke thought we knocked it out of the park.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
We traded for Sasha Barkov or Nate MacKinnon?

Okay, MacKinnon's pretty damn good. Barkov and Mony are a toss-up though especially with the way Monahan's elevated his all-around game this year.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Okay, MacKinnon's pretty damn good. Barkov and Mony are a toss-up though especially with the way Monahan's elevated his all-around game this year.

Monahan, with his best defensive game of the season; isn't half as good as Barkov is as a complete package. Did you watch the Florida game? Every time he was on the ice, the guy was the most dangerous player.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
Monahan, with his best defensive game of the season; isn't half as good as Barkov is as a complete package. Did you watch the Florida game? Every time he was on the ice, the guy was the most dangerous player.

I missed the Florida game, which is too bad because they're a really entertaining team. Every time I've seen Barkov play though I don't come away thinking that he's objectively better than Monahan. I'd put em roughly level.

Not trying to disparage Barkov's skill. It's more that Monahan is awesome and gets sold short a lot.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I missed the Florida game, which is too bad because they're a really entertaining team. Every time I've seen Barkov play though I don't come away thinking that he's objectively better than Monahan. I'd put em roughly level.

Not trying to disparage Barkov's skill. It's more that Monahan is awesome and gets sold short a lot.

Monahan's an elite scorer, Barkov's an elite centre. IMO, he's going to be a top 10 centre in the NHL (if he isn't already) for a long time. Near PPG, elite possession numbers and great two way play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad