Signing(s): Jadeveon Clowney signs with the Panthers (2 years, $20 million)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This is his first multi-season contract since his rookie deal expired in 2018.

Looks like the Panthers got him by way overpaying both in terms of money and length.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Looks like the Panthers got him by way overpaying both in terms of money and length.
More likely it's only guaranteed for year 1. SB plus year 1 base is guaranteed. Year 2 base not guaranteed. $35 mill in 5 years with Houston, and has made 50 mill in the 5 years since. Bulk was the tag for $15 mill.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
big loss for the ravens, but no way they were going to pay him that

i trust in EDC to make improvements at edge, because they're pretty thin there

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Seems par for the course for both sides. Panthers need to overpay to get him and Clowney collects a bag and mails it in until he can get traded.

Reactions: Troy McClure

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Seems par for the course for both sides. Panthers need to overpay to get him and Clowney collects a bag and mails it in until he can get traded.
That was a big reason why he was getting one year deals. He's a decent player but isn't one of those guys who gives his all.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That was a big reason why he was getting one year deals. He's a decent player but isn't one of those guys who gives his all.
Also, it's not really a 2 year deal this time either. It's really a 1 plus Team option. He won't have any guaranteed money past this season. If he plays well, they keep him for 2025. If he doesn't, they cut him and move on.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
To some extent I feel this guy is still living off that hit on the Michigan player. Clowney should have been one of the all-time greats, he was one of the most hyped high school players (QB and not) I can remember, his college decision was live on Sportscenter.

He got real complacent after "the hit", and it's affected his pro career. He should be at the least, on his 2nd, maybe 3rd team.

I forsee him picking up his check and maybe contributing as he sees fit while here. I'm not a fan of this signing but this is the Panthers, so they'll take whoever.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Surprised how low people are on him in this thread, yeah he didn't really live up to his pre-draft hype nor is he really elite but he's still an above average edge rusher coming off a very good season

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Signing with his hometown team, which is terrible. Sounds like a recipe for some lackadaisical play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad