Value of: Jaden Schwartz - St Louis Blues

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
And my point is that what you're saying isn't aligned with the current or future cap situation of the team.

It is entirely possible that the Blues can keep Parayko, Pietrangelo, Schwartz, and Binnington. Even after you decided to move the goalposts, it's still entirely possible to keep those players along with Dunn, Thomas and Kyrou. Why? Because of all the contracts that expire between now and when those players will need substantial increases. At this moment, after next season, the Blues will have $47,300,000 in cap hit tied up between O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Schenn, Perron, Sundqvist, Blais, MacEachern, Parayko, Faulk, Scandella, and Bortuzzo. Assuming the cap stays level, that leaves $34,200,000 for all of the players you mentioned plus the likes of Sanford and Barbeshev. It's not terribly difficult to find a number that works for everyone, especially when Thomas, Kyrou, and Dunn don't have any leverage at this point in their careers to demand a huge contract.

All of this is ignoring the looming expansion draft scheduled to take place after next season as well. If there is a contract the Blues don't particularly like, then there is a pretty simple solution right there to help them out.

Maybe this requires better clarity of language. If you mean that there is no chance the Blues can keep every player currently on the team into the future, then you are indeed correct. But if you mean that the is no chance the Blues can keep Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dunn, Thomas, Kyrou, and Binnington, along with players like O'Reilly, Tarasenko and Schenn then you are simply incorrect.

I hope you’re right. I’d rather you be right than me

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
And my point is that what you're saying isn't aligned with the current or future cap situation of the team.

It is entirely possible that the Blues can keep Parayko, Pietrangelo, Schwartz, and Binnington. Even after you decided to move the goalposts, it's still entirely possible to keep those players along with Dunn, Thomas and Kyrou. Why? Because of all the contracts that expire between now and when those players will need substantial increases. At this moment, after next season, the Blues will have $47,300,000 in cap hit tied up between O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Schenn, Perron, Sundqvist, Blais, MacEachern, Parayko, Faulk, Scandella, and Bortuzzo. Assuming the cap stays level, that leaves $34,200,000 for all of the players you mentioned plus the likes of Sanford and Barbeshev. It's not terribly difficult to find a number that works for everyone, especially when Thomas, Kyrou, and Dunn don't have any leverage at this point in their careers to demand a huge contract.

All of this is ignoring the looming expansion draft scheduled to take place after next season as well. If there is a contract the Blues don't particularly like, then there is a pretty simple solution right there to help them out.

Maybe this requires better clarity of language. If you mean that there is no chance the Blues can keep every player currently on the team into the future, then you are indeed correct. But if you mean that the is no chance the Blues can keep Schwartz, Pietrangelo, Parayko, Dunn, Thomas, Kyrou, and Binnington, along with players like O'Reilly, Tarasenko and Schenn then you are simply incorrect.

Any interest in moving Perron? If so, with this impending cap crunch in mind, what sort of cost would be fair? If Perron goes, could Schwartz be kept?

St Louis515

Nov 18, 2018
Perron only makes $4 million a year, had signed a four year deal back in 2018,, moving him does not really help. Plus when his deal is up, if the Blues would try to resign him it would be a cheaper and short term deal.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Literally give Seattle whatever it takes to unload the Faulk contract. Even if that’s two firsts plus Faulk. Just do that and all works out.
Seriously lol. Come playoff time I’d prefer Dunn-Petro, Scandella-Parayko, Gunnar-Bortz. Bortz is so much better than Faulk on the kill and actually brings physicality and nastiness to our lineup.

Reactions: simon IC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad