Jacob Trouba

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Yeah, but I don't see a team giving up a top-2 defender at 22 years old and taking on significant salary, unless its someone rather talented.

Tougher questions - lets say the wheels get turning on a Trouba deal with us, obviously we'd like for them to take money on. What if one of these deals ends up being Johnson++ for him, would you? How about Vladdy?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, but I don't see a team giving up a top-2 defender at 22 years old and taking on significant salary, unless its someone rather talented.

Tougher questions - lets say the wheels get turning on a Trouba deal with us, obviously we'd like for them to take money on. What if one of these deals ends up being Johnson++ for him, would you? How about Vladdy?

It would start with drouin don't fool yourselves.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

would I move Johnson maybe because it's going to be almost impossible to sign Johnson, Palat and drouin next year after we sign kucherov. But my question is does yzerman have legit interest in trouba ? we know he has wanted a RHD for a while.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Everyone wants him, doesn't mean they'll get him. We're not shipping out cost controlled talent.

he is only cost controlled for this season after that the price goes up it's something we need to consider if we get the RHD we truly want long term.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
First off, you guys don't have the type of defenseman to make the trade go through (well, Hedman...but no) and secondly, you have just about enough problems with your cap already.

The ask is a young top 4 LHD, which you don't have.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Everyone wants him, doesn't mean they'll get him. We're not shipping out cost controlled talent.

Not cost controlled for long and what about something like drouin, fippula, garrison ? Could go a long ways to solving some cap and expansion draft issues ?

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
First off, you guys don't have the type of defenseman to make the trade go through (well, Hedman...but no) and secondly, you have just about enough problems with your cap already.

I would call Slater Koekkoek a top 4 LHD. He's not there right now but that's only because we haven't needed him to step up since we have Hedman, Stralman, Garrison, and Coburn in our top 4.

Koekkoek, Killorn, 1st for Trouba

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I would call Slater Koekkoek a top 4 LHD. He's not there right now but that's only because we haven't needed him to step up since we have Hedman, Stralman, Garrison, and Coburn in our top 4.

Koekkoek, Killorn, 1st for Trouba

Wanna trade Kucherov for Dano? Dano would be a top line winger, if he hadn't been moved/blocked by every winger in his teams.

Sounds about as stupid as the reasoning behind your offer. Koekkoek was drafted one spot after Trouba. It's been four years now, and one of them is a top pairing guy, while the other is still a prospect. The difference is enormous and.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Wanna trade Kucherov for Dano? Dano would be a top line winger, if he hadn't been moved/blocked by every winger in his teams.

Sounds about as stupid as the reasoning behind your offer. Koekkoek was drafted one spot after Trouba. It's been four years now, and one of them is a top pairing guy, while the other is still a prospect. The difference is enormous and.

Not really. I still think Koekkoek has a chance to be a very good top 4 D. We just take our time with our prospects. Trouba would have had to wait too. Maybe not as long but he would have had to wait.

aessi

Jan 1, 2015

He wasnt offering straight trade to Koekkoek was he?

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
would I move Johnson maybe because it's going to be almost impossible to sign Johnson, Palat and drouin next year after we sign kucherov. But my question is does yzerman have legit interest in trouba ? we know he has wanted a RHD for a while.

Who's going to center your second/top 6 line without Johnson ? Stamkos/Johnson is the perfect one-two punch down the middle and the gap with the other centers Namestnikov and Filppula is serious. Asking either of them to take top 6 duties is a recipe for disaster (and I'm a massive Vladdy enthusiast), particularly in the playoffs. The whole situation makes TyJo a lot more valuable than most of our wingers IMO. We'll move Palat or Drouin before Johnson, Killorn being gone around draft expansion is a given.

Also on topic, we're having cap space problems and yet to re-sign our best player. Acquiring Trouba is absolutely the least of our concerns, the defense is set and cup contender material when healthy. Improving scoring depth on the bottom 6 remained our most urgent need but the combination of Drouin playing full-time, Callahan being healthy, Namestnikov's progression and Conacher's signing might solve the problem with a contribution by committee. We need to keep that core intact one last time for a shot at the Prize.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Who's going to center your second/top 6 line without Johnson ? Stamkos/Johnson is the perfect one-two punch down the middle and the gap with the other centers Namestnikov and Filppula is serious. Asking either of them to take top 6 duties is a recipe for disaster (and I'm a massive Vladdy enthusiast), particularly in the playoffs. The whole situation makes TyJo a lot more valuable than most of our wingers IMO. We'll move Palat or Drouin before Johnson, Killorn being gone around draft expansion is a given.

Also on topic, we're having cap space problems and yet to re-sign our best player. Acquiring Trouba is absolutely the least of our concerns, the defense is set and cup contender material when healthy. Improving scoring depth on the bottom 6 remained our most urgent need but the combination of Drouin playing full-time, Callahan being healthy, Namestnikov's progression and Conacher's signing might solve the problem with a contribution by committee. We need to keep that core intact one last time for a shot at the Prize.

I get everybody wants to keep Johnson but as of now we won't after enough money to resign palat, Johnson and drouin next year after we pay kucherov. So who is the odd man out Johnson? Palat or drouin?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I get everybody wants to keep Johnson but as of now we won't after enough money to resign palat, Johnson and drouin next year after we pay kucherov. So who is the odd man out Johnson? Palat or drouin?

No reason to solve that problem before it actually becomes a problem. Let's focus on this year.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

so itd make sense to move johnson and take on troubas salary too right?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club

Correct. I love the idea of Trouba, just highly, highly unlikely unless SY goes 1/2-Sather and starts trading all sorts of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad