News Article: Jacob Trouba suspended 2 games

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Please help me understand how Trouba got two games and Gallagher got five games.

Trouba's suspension is on point considering he's a repeat offender.

Gallagher as a first time offender getting 5 games for something that egregious looks bad, but under the circumstances, it's not that bad. Personally, I would give players a 20-game suspension for what Gallagher did but the NHLPA doesn't want that so here we are.

All things considered, Trouba's suspension is warranted. Fined twice, suspended once, Trouba has a disciplinary record. 2 games for an elbow to the face I have no problem with.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Gallagher as a first time offender getting 5 games for something that egregious looks bad, but under the circumstances, it's not that bad. Personally, I would give players a 20-game suspension for what Gallagher did but the NHLPA doesn't want that so here we are.

All things considered, Trouba's suspension is warranted. Fined twice, suspended once, Trouba has a disciplinary record. 2 games for an elbow to the face I have no problem with.
He's not really a repeat offender though. He's been suspended 1 time like 5-6 years ago.

Any other player they would be looking the other way, but too many people are crying over his legal hits so the league decided to suspend him for a play that he's not even looking at, or even knows where's the other players head is.

I don't really care either way though, team stinks right now, not going to change anything with or without him.

turcotte8

Feb 15, 2008
NY
6f6.jpg

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
This? This is the play over which you decide to suspend Trouba?! The man has had many questionable hits. This is garbage.

Reactions: MysticLeviathan

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
He's not really a repeat offender though. He's been suspended 1 time like 5-6 years ago.

Any other player they would be looking the other way, but too many people are crying over his legal hits so the league decided to suspend him for a play that he's not even looking at, or even knows where's the other players head is.

I don't really care either way though, team stinks right now, not going to change anything with or without him.

By the DoPS' definition, that's a repeat offender.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island

Steven, stop defending George Parros!

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
We look crisp passing tonite.

Despite how often I’ve been told you can’t win without a lumbering caveman who sucks because, like, he hits.

frozenrubber

Sponsor
Nov 27, 2005
Brooklyn
By the DoPS' definition, that's a repeat offender.

A repeat offender is a suspension within the last 18 months and doesn't apply to Trouba. However, his past behavior (including the most recent stick swing to Frederic's head earlier this season) can be put in consideration towards his suspension.

What is a "Repeat Offender"?

A Player is considered a repeat offender for 18 months following his most recent incident that resulted in a suspension. His status as a repeat offender in this category is used to determine the amount of salary forfeited should he receive another suspension.

It is important to note that even if a Player is not defined as a repeat offender, his past history may come into consideration when determining future Supplemental Discipline.

Strangely, I thought repeat offender was for determining the suspension, but it's actually for calculating the fine.

How much money does a Player forfeit when suspended?

Non-repeat offenders lose salary based on the number of days in the season. For example, if there are 190 days in a season, a three game suspension would cost a non-repeat offender 3/190ths of his average salary.

Repeat offenders lose salary based on the number of games in a season (82). For example, a three game suspension would cost a repeat offender 3/82nds of his average salary.

Trouba losing only ~83k shows he's technically not a 'repeat offender'

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad