Jacob Trouba out, 2-3 weeks , with a lower-body injury

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
captain Jacob Trouba is out for around 2-3 weeks, per GM Chris Drury.
Drury felt the heat and overpaid for a defenseman i guess . Mollie walker might have been first to announce the news.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: tlk

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Schneider to the moon.
That's a state secret -- very hush, hush and all that. We're lucky they told us this much.

Considering the fact that he missed their last couple of practices, I think this was considered a "nagging" injury at first and they felt the 5 days off would help.

Reactions: PalmCoastRanger

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Tough timing as team begins 9 games in 15 days. Trial under fire for Jones/Chad, and the new guys Great prep for post season LGR

Reactions: gabevh3

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
I had to watch the Florida game on delay, but Trouba ended up blocking a shot and missing the last few shifts of the third.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Makes sense. He's looked off. I know a lot of fans dislike him, but he's better than what he's been lately. 2-3 weeks brings us to April. We need him if we are going to go far in the playoffs.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
captain Jacob Trouba is out for around 2-3 weeks, per GM Chris Drury.
Drury felt the heat and overpaid for a defenseman i guess . Mollie walker might have been first to announce the news.

Rangers are a tough nut to crack. The secret is out now.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Makes sense. He's looked off. I know a lot of fans dislike him, but he's better than what he's been lately. 2-3 weeks brings us to April. We need him if we are going to go far in the playoffs.
Ya when was the last time he had a big hit? He only tried that a few times the last few weeks

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Really interested to see what he does without being able to shove Trouba out there for what seems like 40 minutes a night. I am viewing this as not only for this season, but hopefully come a season and a halves time.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Its addition by subtraction with this guy. We just bleed chances with him. If we can somehow trade him and/or Goodrow, not resign Lindgren and use that like 8-14 million on legit defensemen we will win a cup or two

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
the problem used to be that he was just an okay defensemen who was overpaid.

Now he's just bad.

I mean how can the coaches not see the vast difference just on PP2 with Gus and Jones running it instead of this oaf?

If you can't get rid of him at least reduce his role.

But no they HAD to give him the C, along with this bloated contract, guarantees thay they are going to shove him down our throats to jsutify their terrible decisions.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Trouba is fine. Does he belong on the power play? Not really. He is a top penalty killing defenseman though. He's triggering for some opponents, pretty much every other fanbase and even some of our own fans. Most of the time anyway with hockey when 90% of the rest of the hockey world hate you you're doing something right.

A thing I find odd. We have all these players on our team that suck and I mean not just suck but really suck and we're giving them important roles and lots of minutes and still the team wins a lot more than it loses and even when Igor was struggling that was so. I mean go figure. There's almost no explanation other than It's like something out of sorts with the physical universe or maybe god is f***ing with shit again....playing practical jokes on us like he's known to do.

If it's only 2/3 weeks he'll have a chance to rest up and we'll be able to get Jones some games and Rudhwedl into the mix. Schneider gets to move up for a while I'd like us to keep ahead of Carolina if we can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad