Prospect Info: Jacob Melanson (Round 5, 131 overall)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Melanson just got suspended for a 7th time in the QMJHL in 2 seasons and 9 games. He got 5 games as a repeat offender for a check to the head.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I don't know if he just plays with an edge and not careful enough or just is a hot head to takes stupid penalties.

He played against my team last weekend and he ran into the goalie for no reason at all. He wasn’t even pushed and didn’t have the puck.

He could be a solid bottom 6 player in the NHL but he often makes that kind of bonehead moves.

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
He's on a roll. 7 points in 3 games with Sherbrooke. Play the PK too. Seems like a good pick at 131.
Definitely a quality start with the new team! He got a hattrick last game and it's worth to mention that 5 of those 7 points are goals.

This season totals so far: 30g 21a = 51p
On pace for 59 goals and 100 points.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Melanson has made a massive jump in his D + 1 year. He started his season at Acadie-Bathurst (27 games, 44 points) before being traded to Sherbrooke (28 games, 49 points). He had 56 points in 54 games last season and is currently sitting at 93 points in 55 games.

Reactions: KOS21

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Grit and sandpaper guy. I have no problem with it. obviously he will have to learn to be more disciplined but that's for the coaching staff to figure out.
Who knows, maybe he turns into our Brad Marchand.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Melanson has made a massive jump in his D + 1 year. He started his season at Acadie-Bathurst (27 games, 44 points) before being traded to Sherbrooke (28 games, 49 points). He had 56 points in 54 games last season and is currently sitting at 93 points in 55 games.
Jacob is from my hometown. Hearing he has injured 3 Halifax players in the series and 1 being Jordan Dumais who he slammed to the ice.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Jacob is from my hometown. Hearing he has injured 3 Halifax players in the series and 1 being Jordan Dumais who he slammed to the ice.

If he ever makes the NHL, I'm positive that he's going to be one of the most hated players of his generation. He's already suffered a 2-game suspension in the NHL during the pre-season in what I think was the only game he played, maybe his second. Then he went a few games in Juniors before getting another suspension. He's pretty dirty and has a hell of a temper. Curious how his career goes. He's a damn good player.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
If he ever makes the NHL, I'm positive that he's going to be one of the most hated players of his generation. He's already suffered a 2-game suspension in the NHL during the pre-season in what I think was the only game he played, maybe his second. Then he went a few games in Juniors before getting another suspension. He's pretty dirty and has a hell of a temper. Curious how his career goes. He's a damn good player.
Good golfer too

He did have a hat trick the other night in game 1

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille