Jacob Larson called up

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Larsson's a 25 year old with decent size and 165 NHL games under his belt. He appears to be a tweener but he's the logical choice for a call up.
I'm a bit surprised Heatherington wasn't called back up given it wasn't long ago that he was determined to be the right choice.

Larsson looked alright in camp, but I'm not expecting much.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I forgot he's a former first rounder. From the deep 2015 first round as well, hope he can step in smoothly

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Who has been the best?
When they called up Heatherington because Zub got hurt, Mann said Heatherington and JBD had been the teams best defenders. The team has since played 6 more games and JBD got called up.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Larsson is a team worst -10 on the Belleville Sens. I watched a couple of games and he didn't look good. Not sure why we wouldn't call up Heatherington instead who IMO is a much better defensive d-man.

Might be a rough affair at the CTC today.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Never heard of the guy until now. That or I forgot already. Sucks Chabot is out either way.

Huh.

Sorry, who?
He played in the exhibition games this year. Didn't look too good or too bad but that's against a lot of players who didn't even make their respective teams. I'd wonder how much he'll play? Losing yet another defender (Chabot) isn't good.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
Larsson is a team worst -10 on the Belleville Sens. I watched a couple of games and he didn't look good. Not sure why we wouldn't call up Heatherington instead who IMO is a much better defensive d-man.

Might be a rough affair at the CTC today.
Yikes! I'd rather see Zaitsev than Belleville's worst defenseman.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Who has been the best?
Guenette has looked the best the past few games I’ve watched. Rubins played pretty well as well. Heatherington seems like the easy call up for a spot in the 6th/press box, though Larsson is pretty much in the same situation.

Larsson hasn’t been great, but he hasn’t been having the meltdowns that some of the other guys are. Probably consistently 3rd-4th best D on any night, hasn’t had any games where he’s been the standout for positive or negative reasons.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Thought he had a real good camp and not surprised to see him get a look

Girutzlechuk

Keep the tall guy
Oct 25, 2007
Eastern Passage
99314905-00EC-4722-9054-B123F47A585E.jpeg

Hoping everyone stays healthy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Would love to know.....

I would have liked to see Thompson called up.

Just play the best guys season is meaningless at this point anyway.
Thompson is right shot, were calling up left shots, and Thompson is not getting glowing remarks from Mann.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thompson is right shot, were calling up left shots, and Thompson is not getting glowing remarks from Mann.
They have Sanderson, Holden and Brannstrom on left. With Larsson up someone is playing their wrong side unless Zaitsev is in.

Yikes! I'd rather see Zaitsev than Belleville's worst defenseman.
0-6 with Zaitsev 5-2-1 without him. I think anyone is a better option.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
They have Sanderson, Holden and Brannstrom on left. With Larsson up someone is playing their wrong side unless Zaitsev is in.

Yep , Holden and Branny have played the right side at the NHL level, so likely one of them again. Wouldn’t of minded Heatherington called up.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Guenette has looked the best the past few games I’ve watched. Rubins played pretty well as well. Heatherington seems like the easy call up for a spot in the 6th/press box, though Larsson is pretty much in the same situation.

Larsson hasn’t been great, but he hasn’t been having the meltdowns that some of the other guys are. Probably consistently 3rd-4th best D on any night, hasn’t had any games where he’s been the standout for positive or negative reasons.

He's played more NHL games than the other options and can handle the physicality/strength aspect so I'm thinking it comes down to that. I thought he had a decent camp as well.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018

I stand corrected. Larsson didn't play badly yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad