YaYo
19 years old
C/W
2009 - #20 overall - Devils

Krüger
20 years old
C
2009 - #154 overall - Hawks

good friends but and both played on the same team.

who will have the better career?

I'm just interested

birden

Sep 30, 2010
Two totally diffrent players. Its like comparing Mike Green with Scott Hannan. Marcus will probably have a better career pointwise. Jacob probably more games played just because he is younger and come over earlier.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I don't ask who is better, I ask who will have a better career.

Both don't seem to be different. Two Way Forward who know how to score and defend.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Kruger had 11 goals 31 points in 38 games with Josefson at 19. He has 4 goals 21 points in 31 games without Josefson at 20.

I only seen the two of them play at the WJC where I thought Josefson looked more complete.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
But Djurgarden was #2 in Sweden during the season. Now they are only #6 and it doesn't look like they will finish higher.

The teams isn't as good as last year, but Krüger is their player with the most points.

just for the facts :)

YaYo would have been easier to tell if he wouldn't have had the injury he had this year

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Well, you basically had your mind made up before creating this thread being a hawks fan so what do you want? Do you want fans to tell you Kruger is a better prospect despite being chosen 4 rounds later? From what I seen, Kruger doesn't have an NHL built game, reminds me of Bergfors.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Two totally diffrent players. Its like comparing Mike Green with Scott Hannan. Marcus will probably have a better career pointwise. Jacob probably more games played just because he is younger and come over earlier.

They're actually quite comparable.

Well, you basically had your mind made up before creating this thread being a hawks fan so what do you want? Do you want fans to tell you Kruger is a better prospect despite being chosen 4 rounds later? From what I seen, Kruger doesn't have an NHL built game, reminds me of Bergfors.

Krüger sure has NHL talent and will probably be a player second or third line player.
But IMO Josefsson has more upside and will probably score a bit more while providing a bit better play in all zones.

HemskyToHall*

Agreed ^

Past the stats thing, josefen is more skilled and will be the better player.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
Josefson by a wide margin. He has the potential to be a first/second line center and at worst he could be a quality 3rd line center.

Kruger is not on the same level and doesn't really have the size to make up for it. I don't believe he will end being the NHL for too long where as I could see Josefson having a quality NHL career, although it isn't out of the realm of possibility Kruger could as well. You can't just look at points but you have to look at play. There is a reason Josefson was a top 10 prospect on the scouting list, where as Kruger wasn't.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I have no problem with reading that. I saw ~20 games last season from Djurgarden (incl. POs) and just wonderd why YaYo was #20 and Krüger a 5th Rounder.

YaYo deserved #20, that's for sure.

I also think that YaYo will have the better career, to be honest.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
I have no problem with reading that. I saw ~20 games last season from Djurgarden (incl. POs) and just wonderd why YaYo was #20 and Krüger a 5th Rounder.

YaYo deserved #20, that's for sure.

I also think that YaYo will have the better career, to be honest.

Probably because Krüger was drafted as an overager.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
when do you think will both be ready for the NHL?

YaYo will get games this season, but would he get them on Team that is contending? Same with Krüger, has he a chance to play next year with the Hawks? What I've seen from both, both seem to be ready for next season

MLSE

Jan 30, 2004
Windsor, Ontario
Kruger had 11 goals 31 points in 38 games with Josefson at 19. He has 4 goals 21 points in 31 games without Josefson at 20.

I only seen the two of them play at the WJC where I thought Josefson looked more complete.

To be fair, last year the year they played together, Kruger started the year with a HUGE stat line and for the rest of the year played around the numbers he has this year.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
when do you think will both be ready for the NHL?

YaYo will get games this season, but would he get them on Team that is contending? Same with Krüger, has he a chance to play next year with the Hawks? What I've seen from both, both seem to be ready for next season

Yea Josefson could be the devils 2nd line center next year unless Elias moves to center, in which case he would be the third line center. The devils are weak at center so he has a real opportunity to play a lot of time in the nhl.

The Blackhawks on the other hand have way too much depth at center for Kruger to get non-4rth line minutes at that position. Maybe he could move to left wing, but I think if he comes to North America, he is going to spend at least a year in AHL before he gets serious nhl minutes.

Kenneth Kennholt

Dec 24, 2010
I wouldn´t be to surprised if they have moved Bolland come next season. Just out of curiousity, how much have you seen Kruger play? I´m certain he´ll get a centerspot sooner rather than later with his first class hockeysense and strength along the boards.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Krüger is strong in front of the goal, and doesn´t hesitate to take the closest way to the net, which hopefully should mean that his game should translate well to the NA style of hockey. However I remember his performance in the wjc on small rink size as a bit underwhelming.
I really like his game and the fact that he is so hardworking, and still is a great playmaker with good vision, the only thing I object to is that he sometimes tries to make too fancy passes which often leads to turnovers rather than goalscoring opportunities.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I like the positives said about Kruger.

Obviously, right now, you'd have to assume Josefson will have the better career. Higher pick, 1st round, etc, but Kruger looks like he could be a steal for the Hawks.

Someone said something about Chicago having alot of centre depth.. they don't. If Toews ever get injured the Hawks are in a horrible hole. Sharp is a LW who can play centre decently, he's better on the wing.

I don't know why, maybe it's because we stole him from Detroit, but I just have this feeling that Kruger is going to be a gem. He may need a year in the AHL, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say he sticks with Chicago next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad