Speculation: Jacob De La Rose wants to play for Windsor

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
The Swedish league is great for skilled guys like Collberg. However, for a guy like De La Rose, the Canadian Junior leagues would fit better for the development. DLR needs to learn his offensive game, but in Sweden he would not have the opportunity to do so. You have to keep in mind that the SEL is professional league and not a developmental league. If we want DLR to become anything more than a 4th liner, he should go to CHL.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Don't know about the quality of the players, but here's next year Leksand's lineup. Clearly, Jacob is the youngest so there won't be a clear battle of the youngsters there to make it. We do count 15 forwards so far....All of them had some very good results in the Allsvenskan league with Leksand or other teams. All depends where they see him play, C or LW. Didn't know that ex-Minn. Duluth Seidel was going to play there....

http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=28

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Which is a tough call. I mean, not for us as we'd prefer to see him top 6 in the CHL. But already seen as a regular, even if it's on the 4th...seems to me he won't be sold that easily....

I think it's a win-win situation. Either lots of ice time in the OHL hopefully working on his offensive game or playing against men in the top league in Sweden. I'm happy with either one although would rather see him in the OHL so I can watch him play. :nod:

For the capologists, does this pay-off count against the cap?

In this case it would be Windsor paying for him to get out of his contract. I don't know if the Habs could "kick in" or not but it wouldn't have anything to do with the cap. (I actually have no clue what kind of deals are even legal in this situation, since it's the OHL that's trying to secure his rights)

The Swedish league is great for skilled guys like Collberg. However, for a guy like De La Rose, the Canadian Junior leagues would fit better for the development. DLR needs to learn his offensive game, but in Sweden he would not have the opportunity to do so. You have to keep in mind that the SEL is professional league and not a developmental league. If we want DLR to become anything more than a 4th liner, he should go to CHL.

agreed, although having to settle with playing in the top mens league in Sweden isn't a bad thing as it sounds like DLR would just end up in the OHL in 2014-2015.

If I'm not mistaking it's NO. Their seasons are already underway in Europe

that's correct.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Here's what I got from a poster on the Swedish part of HF....

Just a shot in the dark, w/o knowing who they plan to use as centers:
Johansson-Ryno-Jakobs
Edblom-Fornataro-Seidel
Bergenström-Karlsson-Blomqvist
de la Rose-Knuts-T.Forsberg

I don't see him falling out of the top12, but I don't see him playing an offensive role either.

And another post...

They'll end up dead last. Can't remember the last time a saw such a weak roster in the SHL(hate the new name).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad