Speculation: Jacob De La Rose wants to play for Windsor

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
They wont let him... like Nygren (not sure if it was him i think so) last season... i wouldn't be bother by that. the sel league is great at developing swedes.. I'm not gonna be dissapointed anyway it goes.

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I would love it if De La Rose and McCarron would both play in the OHL next year. With Crisp also in the OHL, that'd be 3 prospects I'd be able to go out to see. I can't remember the last time the Habs had 3 OHL prospects. I doubt De La Rose gets his release though.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Funny, I could have sworn that I read last week that De La Rose had a clause in his contract that covered this exact situation (being drafted by an NHL team) and that his release and coming to NA was a certainty. Must have dreamed that.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Funny, I could have sworn that I read last week that De La Rose had a clause in his contract that covered this exact situation (being drafted by an NHL team) and that his release and coming to NA was a certainty. Must have dreamed that.

That was Andrighetto.

Tinordi Ruxpin

Hey, C'mon Let's Go!
Jun 27, 2013
Moncton, NB

I remember them saying on TSN had DLR been selected in the 1st round he could go to Windsor. That was the out in his contract.

habsrock76

Sep 21, 2006
Ottawa

I think euro prospects have to be drafted in the 1st round in order to have that out clause come into effect.

Regardless it sounds like these SEL clubs want cash in order to release these guys from their contracts...good thing the Habs have plenty of that.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
They wont let him... like Nygren (not sure if it was him i think so) last season... i wouldn't be bother by that. the sel league is great at developing swedes.. I'm not gonna be dissapointed anyway it goes.

Yes they are, but they should really let him do what he wants to do. He's just a kid and I doubt their success really hinges on his production.

Clearly he really wants to go because he's probably giving up his chance to play in the WJC by going to the CHL.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
REALLY wanted Mccarron to go to London but im pretty indifferent where DLR goes, the swedish league is just fine for swedes to develop, id much rather that than NCAA

if he does somehow go to windsor, will be interresting to see his offensive stats as i dont expect much offense from him in the SEL

just his agressivity and his non stop skating alone should pot him a couple goals in the OHL

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
REALLY wanted Mccarron to go to London but im pretty indifferent where DLR goes, the swedish league is just fine for swedes to develop, id much rather that than NCAA

if he does somehow go to windsor, will be interresting to see his offensive stats as i dont expect much offense from him in the SEL

just his agressivity and his non stop skating alone should pot him a couple goals in the OHL

OHL may help JDL more in developping his offense, playing with older guys the next 2 years he'll mostly get used in 3rd line and defensive situations.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Really hope he goes to Windsor, he won't be counted on much in Leksands. Probably going to be on the 4th or 3rd line. Going to Windsor will help him develop his offensive game.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The idea is....what is Leksand's roster look like? Any Swedish experts around here like KRM or anybody else? Do they envision De La Rose to have a key spot? Does he even have a chance at a real roster starting job? Or on the contrary, Leksand is so weak that he'd even have a shot at a top 6 despite his age?

hogtownhabsfan*

I could very well see JDLR outperforming McCarron if both are in the OHL. He's just much further along in his development.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Jacob has expressed his desire to play in Windsor, that would give him time to get used to the NA rinks (size) and the speed of the game in those arenas. Also in Leksand he was only playing 5 on 5 on the 4th line, about 5 mins. a game. Even so he managed to score 6g + 6a = 12 pts.

In Windsor he will have increased icetime and a chance to use his offensive game, as well he gets the opportunity to play the OHL schedule and playoffs. Playing that many games will be more like the schedules that pro's in NA play. So it's in the hands of his agent and the Habs to make arrangements that would allow him to be released from his Leksand commitments.

Hopefully Jacob gets to play here in NA and expand his knowledge of our game, the physical type of game he excels in.:handclap:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
It's a personal opinion of course, but I think it's even more inportant for De La Rose to play in Windsor than it is for McCarron to play in London. The difference between Landeskog and Paajjarvi for me is that one had space and opportunity to develop his offense while the other was always looking to survive and avoid costly mistakes. It could make the difference between making him a future 1st or 3rd liner IMO.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It's a personal opinion of course, but I think it's even more inportant for De La Rose to play in Windsor than it is for McCarron to play in London. The difference between Landeskog and Paajjarvi for me is that one had space and opportunity to develop his offense while the other was always looking to survive and avoid costly mistakes. It could make the difference between making him a future 1st or 3rd liner IMO.

My only concern is...how many Swedes have gone the CHL route and become successful NHLers? Landeskog is one...who else? Mikael Backlund?

One thing seems sure, Leksand has nothing to gain by letting him go (unless the Habs pony up some cash). So I don't see it happening.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Different teams involved, so it doesn't mean the same outcome although it's my understanding that these matters almost always come down to money. If Windsor pays up, I'm willing to bet he'll be in the OHL next year. If not, his contract in Sweden ends after next season so he can come over to the OHL for the 2014-2015 season.

The idea is....what is Leksand's roster look like? Any Swedish experts around here like KRM or anybody else? Do they envision De La Rose to have a key spot? Does he even have a chance at a real roster starting job? Or on the contrary, Leksand is so weak that he'd even have a shot at a top 6 despite his age?

From what I read, he would be expected to be a regular on the 4th line with Leksand next season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
From what I read, he would be expected to be a regular on the 4th line with Leksand next season.

Which is a tough call. I mean, not for us as we'd prefer to see him top 6 in the CHL. But already seen as a regular, even if it's on the 4th...seems to me he won't be sold that easily....

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Which is a tough call. I mean, not for us as we'd prefer to see him top 6 in the CHL. But already seen as a regular, even if it's on the 4th...seems to me he won't be sold that easily....
Pretty sure the organization will have to pony up some serious cash to pry him out of Leksand.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pretty sure the organization will have to pony up some serious cash to pry him out of Leksand.

I don't think it would take all that much since it's the final year of his contract, but Windsor may not want to after getting in so much trouble with money and draft picks when they can wait a year and get him for free. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad