Prospect Info: Jackson Edward, 7th Round - 200th overall '22, Defense, London (OHL)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
any change he makes the team next year?

He's going to have to wow in camp and hope there's some injuries to the blueline to get a chance. I'm willing to bet the Bruins sign a veteran of some sort for depth after Lindholm Lohrei, and Wotherspoon on the left side. I think Edward has a lot to improve on, both his skills as a defenseman and his maturity as a player. I love the physicality and enthusiasm to compete but some of the things he does hurts the team more than helps.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Good chance he is able to make Providence next year. Very, very unlikely he sees Boston.
I don’t want him sniffing Boston with his on ice antics. Need a year of providence to help him start to figure out where that line is on a more consistent basis

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
He's going to have to wow in camp and hope there's some injuries to the blueline to get a chance. I'm willing to bet the Bruins sign a veteran of some sort for depth after Lindholm Lohrei, and Wotherspoon on the left side. I think Edward has a lot to improve on, both his skills as a defenseman and his maturity as a player. I love the physicality and enthusiasm to compete but some of the things he does hurts the team more than helps.
He's a left shot, right side defenceman. Even the Bruins had him there for the most part at camp last summer.

But no, at this point he is not close.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
He's only 20 right? Just read about the suspensions he got this year. Needs to clean up the cheap stuff but sounds like someone very unpleasant to play against

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Let's just not even talk about the cheap shots or anything else.

He is a young late round pick coming in to a team that is not tanking . They believe is developing young players, and will almost certainly put Edward in the minors to start next fall. He seems like he has the tools to develop into a lower pairing defenseman, but I would expect that to take at least a couple of years.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad