Rumor: Jackets willing to move "every defenseman except Murray/Savard"

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Souray and Carkner's careers are over due to injury so that won't happen. And you really want to get rid of Fedor Tyutin but sign Beachemin? That doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't know about the injuries, I was going off the list earlier in the post. And yes I would deal Tyutin because we need defensemen that can handle the puck and create some offense, Tyutin doesn't bring that in any fashion. I would sacrifice defense ability for offensive ability from our D.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I didn't know about the injuries, I was going off the list earlier in the post. And yes I would deal Tyutin because we need defensemen that can handle the puck and create some offense, Tyutin doesn't bring that in any fashion. I would sacrifice defense ability for offensive ability from our D.

Um, aren't most of our defenders (pretty much all, except Prout, Leopold, and Tyutin - though Tyutin consistently puts up points) "offensive" minded?

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Um, aren't most of our defenders (pretty much all, except Prout, Leopold, and Tyutin - though Tyutin consistently puts up points) "offensive" minded?

I'm sure that's all they think about but they fail miserably. To watch them with the puck is cringe inducing. Watch how smoothly the other teams D zip it around the horn, our guys are like hot potato and can't one time a shot to save their life. PASS......STOP the puck...fart around with it.....allow other team to swarm....shoot puck into shin pads....repeat

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Ranger fan here, I come in peace.
Just curious what would the asking price be for Tyutin? And what do you think Sather would actually give up and pay?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I don't think the CBJ and NYR make good trading partners. Both are in it to be competitive right now and the near future. So neither would want to subtract significant roster pieces for futures.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We have JJ, Tyutin, Murray, and Connauton as LHD. IF the Rangers are willing to pay I bet a good deal could be worked out.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Well, what would Tyutin cost?

The only the way the Rangers could take Tyuts is if they send salary back. So that means to me that it has to be something like Dan Boyle and a first rounder for Tyuts, or a straight up value for value deal, like Hagelin for Tyutin.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Ducks fan, coming in peace.

Just wanted to ask about your d-men. What would it cost to get Wizniewski to the Ducks? What about Tyutin, does he play the right side and if he does, what would it cost to get him?

EDIT:

These are who I would go after from an offensive standpoint:

Sheldon Souray- I know he's old but he's got a wicked shot and is mean and tough
Francois Beauchemin- righting a wrong?

Yeah, Souray's wrist injury seems to be career-ending. As a Ducks fan I think he won't play hockey again, he's done like turkey dinner.

Even though Beauch is an UFA next summer, I have a hard time seeing him go anywhere. The dude is 34 and he does have something in the tank, but he recently told a reporter that he doesn't want to leave Anaheim/SoCal. He said something about him being in a good place right now and his family being happy too.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Ducks fan, coming in peace.

Just wanted to ask about your d-men. What would it cost to get Wizniewski to the Ducks? What about Tyutin, does he play the right side and if he does, what would it cost to get him?

Tyutin is perhaps our most expendable top 4 guy. But he doesn't play the right side.

Wiz has never played better and his salary is only $4m per year the next two years, so his price would be very high at this time.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
The only the way the Rangers could take Tyuts is if they send salary back. So that means to me that it has to be something like Dan Boyle and a first rounder for Tyuts, or a straight up value for value deal, like Hagelin for Tyutin.

Understood.
We have some "very creative" youngsters on our boards and were floating the idea of Zuccarello being dealt because of the likelihood of not resigning in the offseason.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY

J. Moore for Tyutin?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Understood.
We have some "very creative" youngsters on our boards and were floating the idea of Zuccarello being dealt because of the likelihood of not resigning in the offseason.

That definitely gets my attention, because we badly need RWs.

* * *​
J. Moore for Tyutin?

This... also gets my attention, but for all the wrong reasons.
trouble.gif
:laugh:

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, we have some funny youngsters that propose trades... which are proceeded by ridicule.
For sh*ts and giggles and because it kind of makes a little sense if you look at how tight the cap might get. Zuccarello might be this year's casualty... I'm sure Zuccarello would garner CBJ's interests. He has what is remaining of his 3.5 salary this year and is an RFA.
Rangers need to shore up the defense and would need "some" help replacing Zucc's numbers for the playoffs.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, we have some funny youngsters that propose trades... which are proceeded by ridicule.
For sh*ts and giggles and because it kind of makes a little sense if you look at how tight the cap might get. Zuccarello might be this year's casualty... I'm sure Zuccarello would garner CBJ's interests. He has what is remaining of his 3.5 salary this year and is an RFA.
Rangers need to shore up the defense and would need "some" help replacing Zucc's numbers for the playoffs.

UFA, right? We could definitely use Zucc if he was an RFA, he'd be an improvement for us when it comes to playmaking. But we're not adding anything for this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad