Rumor: Jackets willing to move "every defenseman except Murray/Savard"

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
JJ is really at the bottom of his game right now. The bone headed moves, the bad passes. It just is not going for him at this time.

Tairy

May 11, 2014
Ducks fan, coming in peace.

Just wanted to ask about your d-men. What would it cost to get Wizniewski to the Ducks? What about Tyutin, does he play the right side and if he does, what would it cost to get him?

I don't think columbus is looking for any dmen in return. I think they are either looking for a 1st rounder or lower picks + high end prospect. I think they could be packaging wiz with other assets looking for a top 6 forward.

charliemurphy

Feb 16, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
He has 7 goals in 209 games, no thanks. Tyutin doesn't have any offensive ability and he even has 15 in about the same amount of games.

Yeah, if you bothered to check the following response you would have read that it was a joke. I'm not a fan of smilies.
In all seriousness, Zuccarello is being rumored to be available... it would be obligatory to add Tanner Glass to the list of available players. Along with J Moore, Hunwick, JT Miller and probably prospects like Lindberg, Hrivik and late picks knowing Sather.
What is avaialable from Colmbus? Team needs?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don't think columbus is looking for any dmen in return. I think they are either looking for a 1st rounder or lower picks + high end prospect. I think they could be packaging wiz with other assets looking for a top 6 forward.

Then who would play defense if they trade any of the current D?

If Wiz or anyone else gets traded, there needs to be some sort of D coming back in return. They can't rebuild the blue line completely on free agency.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

If Wiz or anyone else gets traded, there needs to be some sort of D coming back in return. They can't rebuild the blue line completely on free agency.

Not with that attitude they can't.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

It's one guy and it isn't like our defense is that good anyway.

attaamillo

Oct 27, 2014
Any chance or reason the Jackets would consider trading Jenner?

Last edited:

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I'd love to get him to Pit but without a real reason, I have no idea what CBJ would want? :)

I'd say Hornqvist if he wasn't coming off what appears to be an injury prone streak.. But even then I see the Jackets as losing that trade.

David Perron... maybe...?

The issue is that while CBJ need a Top 6 RW, Pittsburgh doesn't really offer a safe option that makes sense enough to give up Boone imo

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Any chance or reason the Jackets would consider trading Jenner?

Jenner is rumored to be our "captain-in-waiting". I'd be completely shocked if he was traded. The kid is loved by fans and management. His style is 100% Blue Jackets Hockey, or at least the style we profess to play.

And trade him to Pitt?
inconceivable.jpg

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Jenner is rumored to be our "captain-in-waiting". I'd be completely shocked if he was traded. The kid is loved by fans and management. His style is 100% Blue Jackets Hockey, or at least the style we profess to play.

And trade him to Pitt?
inconceivable.jpg

Exactly.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I find myself watching Cody Goloubef more and more on the ice and by and large I like what I see. The glut we have on D should be interesting. Cotton, Prout and Goloubef really do seem to be proving themselves capable NHLers.

That leaves us with 7 solid guys that should be playing in the league and still in need of a #1.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I find myself watching Cody Goloubef more and more on the ice and by and large I like what I see. The glut we have on D should be interesting. Cotton, Prout and Goloubef really do seem to be proving themselves capable NHLers.

That leaves us with 7 solid guys that should be playing in the league and still in need of a #1.

I've been a Cody backer for several years now, but I agree I've been even more impressed. Needs to improve his play with the puck (as does almost every d-man on the roster) but his skating and own-zone play have been good.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
The title of this thread reminds me of my high school days when I was ready to listen to most offers but didn't get many. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad