GDT: Jackets vs Pens, 7pm 03/05/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Just how bad are the Jackets if this utter joke of a Pens team is considered the overwhelming favorite to win by the bookies?!

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
First game of the season I'm genuinely conflicted about.

I'll take the first splash here - I want Sid and Geno to have dual hat tricks - and for this club to lose 7-6.

Of course Geno has already given up on the team and playing with AHL fodder so it's unlikely he gets 3 but I could see him getting a power play marker based on his recent play.

Reactions: Andy99

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Lol…yes, the comeback a month out and 9 points down in the race is easily within reach!

Tonight is the night where standing flat footed on the power play and passing around the umbrella finally works!!!! Trust the process!!

iu

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I bet the Jackets are on pins and needless, awaiting to learn if Jansen "Can't Score in a Brothel" Harkins is going to play.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Apparently the rookie goalie the Blue Jackets are playing tonight has played two NHL games and has a .934 save %….another shutout against the Pens forthcoming lol..

I bet the Jackets are on pins and needless, awaiting to learn if Jansen "Can't Score in a Brothel" Harkins is going to play.
He’s gonna actually hit the net on his next penalty shot…just wait and see!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
First game of the season I'm genuinely conflicted about.

I'll take the first splash here - I want Sid and Geno to have dual hat tricks - and for this club to lose 7-6.

Of course Geno has already given up on the team and playing with AHL fodder so it's unlikely he gets 3 but I could see him getting a power play marker based on his recent play.

Malkin will be lucky to get three the rest of the season IMO

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Malkin will be lucky to get three the rest of the season IMO

Honestly I agree. He isn't going to score with any linemates they are willing to give him.

His best use case has been as a wing for at least two seasons now - and they just won't stick with it. Of which, this season that leaves exclusively Crosby to center him - and they won't do that either.

With any of the shit combinations they're giving him I'll be genuinely shocked if he gets 10 more points this season - let alone goals. He'll continue to get utterly trashed on socialspheres and they'll try to run him out of town (again) this Summer while praising the great MS.

If we don't use him as a wing for the length of his contract I hope he does get moved somewhere like Boston or Vegas who do use him in that capacity just so he can throw up another 35 goal season or two at 6M.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly I agree. He isn't going to score with any linemates they are willing to give him.

His best use case has been as a wing for at least two seasons now - and they just won't stick with it. Of which, this season that leaves exclusively Crosby to center him - and they won't do that either.

With any of the shit combinations they're giving him I'll be genuinely shocked if he gets 10 more points this season - let alone goals. He'll continue to get utterly trashed on socialspheres and they'll try to run him out of town (again) this Summer while praising the great MS.

If we don't use him as a wing for the length of his contract I hope he does get moved somewhere like Boston or Vegas who do use him in that capacity just so he can throw up another 35 goal season or two at 6M.

I don't know how confident I am in him at this point in his career to put up those kinds of numbers anywhere with any linemates. It's not that I don't acknowledge he's slipping. But I do agree that the Penguins are hardly getting enough of what he does have left to offer. And I also still do not think the powerplay is his fault even though that seems to be the accepted wisdom in Penguins-dom these days. I guess the likes of Lars Eller, Phillips etc. are preferable.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I don't know how confident I am in him at this point in his career to put up those kinds of numbers anywhere with any linemates. It's not that I don't acknowledge he's slipping. But I do agree that the Penguins are hardly getting enough of what he does have left to offer. And I also still do not think the powerplay is his fault even though that seems to be the accepted wisdom in Penguins-dom these days. I guess the likes of Lars Eller, Phillips etc. are preferable.

He's 100% given up on this season / this team / this coaching staff.

He still has a shot though, and in this league that seems to be enough for 20 goals. Couple with a half decent power play on another club - I could see it.

I'm not trying to argue that he's not on a downward spiral though. His legs have seem to have gone on half nights, the other half he's just not getting himself in position to score anymore. Lines 2-4 literally just skate up and chip the puck and give up. Team is entirely washed and he's just part of that.

That being said, I like him as a Penguin and feel his only shot is on Sid's wing since we refused to bring in a 2C for the past few seasons. Either do that or just waste his 6M and his shot (as we've been doing) because he's damn sure not carrying a line anymore.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He's 100% given up on this season / this team / this coaching staff.

He still has a shot though, and in this league that seems to be enough for 20 goals. Couple with a half decent power play on another club - I could see it.

I'm not trying to argue that he's not on a downward spiral though. His legs have seem to have gone on half nights, the other half he's just not getting himself in position to score anymore. Lines 2-4 literally just skate up and chip the puck and give up. Team is entirely washed and he's just part of that.

That being said, I like him as a Penguin and feel his only shot is on Sid's wing since we refused to bring in a 2C for the past few seasons. Either do that or just waste his 6M and his shot (as we've been doing) because he's damn sure not carrying a line anymore.

Malkin is a confidence/trust player. Always has been. He responds to that.

You can understand why he looks like he does, age aside.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Of course Harkins is a game time decision, him getting f***ing borderline concussed get even get this piece of f***ing shit out of the lineup, what will? He could get Lou Gehrig's Disease, Ebola, and Terminal Cancer and still be a game time decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad