Not open for further replies.

Karlsson2Turris*

So we're 4th in league standings right now. Must mean we're a contender

:sarcasm:

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Not a perfect win but still a win. :5:

Not sure why Ryan-Zibanejad-Chiasson are being used as the defensive line.

Its insane eh? Dont know how it ended...but after the first period they had gone FIVE straight periods without an offensive zone start. What the hell? That could easily be our most offensive line.

With coaching like that they wont get a lot of points.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Honestly, i don't think our shots against will ever change. I just think the system we play will cause a ton of shots on net.

The Sens did a good job of removing the rebounds and making sure no Jacket players got in front of the net though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nice to get another 2 points. It feels like we're just scraping by in every game so far this season. Hard on the nerves, but hopefully it will be worth it when the guys really start to gel and grow throughout the season.

But man, I really wish some of those guys would learn to move their feet a little more, especially in our own zone. A tiny bit more hustle and we could've cleared the zone a whole lot better, especially in the third.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Was Legwand the player who had the puck in our end and passed it 4 feet to someone who lost the puck, when Legwand could have cleared the puck easily out of the zone?

There break out is bad don't blame leggy. He didn't loose the puck.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Not a perfect win but still a win. :5:

Not sure why Ryan-Zibanejad-Chiasson are being used as the defensive line.

They looked physically and mentally tired - especially after the Chiasson shot block where he was clearly injured with at least a bad bruise (he was limping to the bench but decided to suck it up for this game).

bornNraised Sens

Apr 8, 2014
other then a 5-10 min slip during the second ottawa played really well i thought. A fair amount of those shots were low quality chances from the outside though. Game by game were improving little thigns that are adding up. Grat to see Hoffman show his value in this game, man he was amazing

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Its insane eh? Dont know how it ended...but after the first period they had gone FIVE straight periods without an offensive zone start. What the hell? That could easily be our most offensive line.

With coaching like that they wont get a lot of points.

If they wanna use Zibanejad and Chiasson for defensive reasons then get Ryan off that line.

MacArthur-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Lazar-Ryan
Smith-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Michalek-Legwand-Neil

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This guy looked really pissed off at the homeopener for not playing

2r3uzxe.jpg

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Hoffman with his best performance yet.

My heart skipped a beat when Stone went off with the knee on knee - that guy must have stolen the puck 3 or 4 times cleanly again tonight.

Columbus really brought it there at the end - Senators managed to hold on, but my God, those plays by Ryan and Legwand are inexcusable at that point in the game.

Nice to see Karlsson with the shot block to save the game.

If we had put one of those chances in on the 5 on 3, it might have been a different game.

Foligno's bad luck in putting his goalie in the net was countered by his good luck when they scored that goal that went off Lazar's foot which galvanized the Blue Jackets.

Not sure why the announcers were so hard on Ryan, aside from that goof near the end, he made a lot of solid defensive plays all game.

2 points, still a lot of work to do.

It seems as if Gryba ices the puck virtually every time he has the puck.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
There break out is bad don't blame leggy. He didn't loose the puck.

Dying mins of the game with the net empty and a clear look to get out and he passed it without making sure the zone was cleared, oh and we had been hemmed in for a bit. That one was on him, he was thinking empty net when he should have been playing a bit safer.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
My main issue with using Zibby's line in a defensive role is that none of them are particularly strong at breaking the puck out of the zone, most likely due to the lack of footspeed/acceleration between the three of them. I'd prefer to give them the offensive zone starts and let them dominate the opposition on the cycle.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
So local board hate-getters Phillips and Neil are playing very good so far. Neil has 3 or 4 points.

Most of the team is playing pretty well - at least as far as the forwards go.

It's nice to feel comfortable with all four lines out there.

Don't CHANGE anything MacLean.

Still not overly impressed with Gryba or Wiercioch. You'd think Cowen will slot in at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad