Post-Game Talk: Jackets @ Sens October 18 | Bob Cole: The Lucky Buddha

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Since I was at the Bingo game in Syracuse I'm just now getting a chance to watch a replay of last night's game on GCL. Midway through the 1st I've heard Gary Galley say "Robyn Leonard" about 8 times.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I disagree. I love Stone but I don't think he'd be producing the way he is now if he wasn't playing on a great line with Mac and Turris.
Still gonna be a good player though but I like Zib's ceiling more

Stone proved he has very good hockey sense, playmaking ability and goal scoring ability in juniors, while having below average skating. Zibanejad did not show the same level of playmaking nor scoring, but was an above average skater. I think Stone has very goood potential and is showing significant skating improvement. Zibanejad showed very good potential last year but is not showing any improvement this year at this time. I like them both and hope both keep improving as they could be great second line players, if not first line, on the team in the near future.

Zibby seems slower to me, but perhaps he is trying to play a more conservative defensive style and covering his man rather than a more offensive style. Perhaps that is what Maclean is asking or directing him to do. I don't know what it is but his game is missing offensive aggressiveness.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Since I was at the Bingo game in Syracuse I'm just now getting a chance to watch a replay of last night's game on GCL. Midway through the 1st I've heard Gary Galley say "Robyn Leonard" about 8 times.

I did not notice it. I guess one of us was imbibing too much! :)

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

That would be Millen, not Galley.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Ya, I was disappointed that we got Millen & Cole. Why weren't they on Toronto's CBC broadcast.

Speaking of, that's who were playing next.

LEAFS SUCK!

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Interesting note from last night: I believe every player was in the pre game warm up besides Greening unless I just didn't notice him. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Also, holy moly turn the music down in the warm up. I couldn't hear people right next to me. They also have such garbage EDM bassy wompidy womp music and the system is definitely set to bring out all that bass so anything they play with a lot of treble or guitar riffs sounds absolutely terrible.

Why are we always subject to such awful music in CTC?

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Interesting note from last night: I believe every player was in the pre game warm up besides Greening unless I just didn't notice him. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

Also, holy moly turn the music down in the warm up. I couldn't hear people right next to me. They also have such garbage EDM bassy wompidy womp music and the system is definitely set to bring out all that bass so anything they play with a lot of treble or guitar riffs sounds absolutely terrible.

Why are we always subject to such awful music in CTC?

They play this music in every arena

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Random Observations

Five games in & we have seen some good & some bad but most important is the team is finding ways to win against teams they need to stay ahead of.
- best three rookie players IMO so far are Stone, Ceci & Boro in that order with a game day puck to Hoffman for a great goal & game last night. Penalty shot sucked.
- if Zibanejad doesn't pull up his socks not only will he lose his 2nd line centre job to Legwand. (IMO Legwand should have been the 2nd line centre all yr), but Zibanejad could be in jeopardy of losing his 3rd line centre job to Lazar.
- if Methot gets a new $5 mil contract he can thank the play of Cowen & Wiercioch in their own end. IMO both Ceci & Boro have passed these two & even Gryba has been playing a quiet steady game with the exception of the gaffe last night.
- I've been saying this since the start of the season, put Hoffman, Legwand & Ryan on a line together & create three scoring lines, that is if & when the Zibanejad line start contributing on the score board too.
- I bet most people here as well as Zack Smith was mad as hell at Karlsson for taking a goal away from the rookie Mark Stone last night, I know I was. :sarcasm:
- nice to see both goalies playing so well to start the season, Ottawa needs that to continue all yr. Also nice to see Ottawa winning close games, nice change from last yr.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What's chiassons issue? I'd argue he's been our best RW.

I wouldn't, IMO Stone has been great so far this season & Ryan has been pretty good whenever he has played on the right side. Chiasson has been alright but he seems to need a playmaker on his line to get him the puck or he needs some puck luck in front of the net to find the rebound & bury it. Not saying he has been bad just alright but Stone is making offensive & defensive plays all over the ice at both ends & that pass to MacArthur for the game winning goal was a beauty. Isn't it nice to see one of my posts where I'm not trying to trade some small, soft player away? Really nice to have a big, tough, fast, skilled team for a change.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
I wouldn't, IMO Stone has been great so far this season & Ryan has been pretty good whenever he has played on the right side. Chiasson has been alright but he seems to need a playmaker on his line to get him the puck or he needs some puck luck in front of the net to find the rebound & bury it. Not saying he has been bad just alright but Stone is making offensive & defensive plays all over the ice at both ends & that pass to MacArthur for the game winning goal was a beauty. Isn't it nice to see one of my posts where I'm not trying to trade some small, soft player away? Really nice to have a big, tough, fast, skilled team for a change.

Chiasson could have two more points with better luck, he and Ryan got robbed last two games.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Bit late in mentioning this, but the new LED lighting setup at CTC is effin amazing.

The ice is much brighter and clearer now. Truly fantastic job upgrading that. Lots more TV's around the arena too. They clearly spent a lot of money.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
For those who have been at one of the homes games this year could you report on how the Red Scarf Union (section 319)?

Have they been noticeable?

I think we could hear them in the home opener but i didn't have the volume on for the game vs CBJ.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
For those who have been at one of the homes games this year could you report on how the Red Scarf Union (section 319)?

Have they been noticeable?

I think we could hear them in the home opener but i didn't have the volume on for the game vs CBJ.

They were not present vs CBJ.

SelleckStache

Mar 12, 2007
Ottawa
Bit late in mentioning this, but the new LED lighting setup at CTC is effin amazing.

The ice is much brighter and clearer now. Truly fantastic job upgrading that. Lots more TV's around the arena too. They clearly spent a lot of money.

My first game with the new lightning too. It's crazy the difference it makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad