GDT: Jackets @ Sens Mar. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
With Crashed Ice downtown Saturday traffic will be far worse so those going to the game I would leave early as for transit it will be strained big time.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
I'll be at the game and will be my sons first live experience, really hoping for a win!

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Measuring stick game.

Lets see what having a revamped 4th line and adding Burrows will do for this roster.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If Burrows keeps scoring 2 goals a game, we will have our first 50 goal scorer since Heatley???....:sarcasm:

We can only hope, as expectations of such would be foolish, and almost no one wants to be a fool. We should settle for one goal per game!

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
CBJs depth vs our presumably acquired "depth"
Which team depth will come out on top tonight?
Will Tom Pyatt play the most minutes tonight?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Ya I have my pvr on city hopefully it doesn't **** up still new to the cable world

Make sure you record an extra 30-60 mins. They dropped broadcasts from 3 hours down to 2 and a half and absolutely NEVER finish in less than 2 and a half hours. Especially if there's ot and shootout.

I once forgot to add time and the recording stopped with 7-8 mins left in the third.

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
With Crashed Ice downtown Saturday traffic will be far worse so those going to the game I would leave early as for transit it will be strained big time.

This doesn't make sense to me. Weekend traffic going the opposite direction.. I don't think Crashed Ice will have any bearing on game traffic.

Crashed Ice is awesome btw. Checked out the juniors last night.

That would be so cool having a sens game and crashed ice in the same vicinity. Party central. Too bad it's so damn cold!

There is almost no wind down where the course is. Have a few pops before you go, dress warm, and it's fine.

Staying home to watch this tonight though.

Andy starts.

Make sure you record an extra 30-60 mins. They dropped broadcasts from 3 hours down to 2 and a half and absolutely NEVER finish in less than 2 and a half hours. Especially if there's It and shootout.

I once forgot to add time and the recording stopped with 7-8 mins left in the third.

Such a good call. Always record Sportscentre of whatever the hell they air on CityTV after the scheduled ending.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lines from Practice:

Burrows-Turris-Hoffman
Smith-Brassard-Stone
Dzingel-Pageau-Pyatt
Stalberg-Kelly-Wingels

Methot-Karlsson
Phaneuf-Ceci
Borowiecki-Wideman

Seems from the lineups as though Turris might be ready to take faceoffs again, so that's good.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
That would be so cool having a sens game and crashed ice in the same vicinity. Party central. Too bad it's so damn cold!

Yep we should have had the Arena downtown from the start. Ironically it's exactly gonna be were they wanted to move to in '92, but txs for the NCC for dragging their feet, it only took 25 years...

And, ya it was cold last night at the crash ice, but well worth it!

Anywho, 4 hours to go! :popcorn:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Make sure you record an extra 30-60 mins. They dropped broadcasts from 3 hours down to 2 and a half and absolutely NEVER finish in less than 2 and a half hours. Especially if there's ot and shootout.

This. It is so stupid but all sporting events usually go longer than the allocated time period. If you have a really slow PVR, the faster thing to do is just to record the next 60 minutes of shows directly after the game. Most PVRs you can adjust it to record an hour longer, but if you have an older rogers one the things are so slow and unresponsive it is just easier to record the next show after as well.

You'd think they'd have some sort of feature to detect when something is a sports game and add an hour to the recording to account for the game going long+possible OT.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Ugh a city TV game. That means we're probably getting Romanuk or 'HERE COMES... THE GUY ON NET' Bob Cole

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
C6F7deFWcAAikqV.jpg:large

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
This. It is so stupid but all sporting events usually go longer than the allocated time period. If you have a really slow PVR, the faster thing to do is just to record the next 60 minutes of shows directly after the game. Most PVRs you can adjust it to record an hour longer, but if you have an older rogers one the things are so slow and unresponsive it is just easier to record the next show after as well.

You'd think they'd have some sort of feature to detect when something is a sports game and add an hour to the recording to account for the game going long+possible OT.

I have rogers and usually just do the "add an hour" option. In the playoffs i'll use "add 3 hours" option because of those possible double or triple overtime games.

I've gotten so used to it that i will record all games even if im home so i can start watching a 7pm game at 830 and finish at the same time by fastforwarding through intermissions,commercial breaks, and even some long whistles. Saves me an hour and a half on game days. I basically watch the whole game in 70 minutes. Technology is cool. I remember when only like 50-60 sens games were televised. times have changed :) You just have to remember to turn spoilers off on your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad