Jackets on the market... looking for...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
The Blue Jackets are rumoured to have recently completed a deal with Dallas, still pending league confirmation -- if it goes through, they are going to have some roster juggling to do. Accordingly, the following players are on the market:

D Patrice Brisebois (76)
D Sean O'Donnell (74)
D Mathieu Dandenault (72)
RW Vladimir Orszagh (69)
C/LW Chad Kilger (69)
RW Chris Neil (65)
G Milan Hnilicka (69) (will only move in package for other goaltending)

Other Notables: LW Joe Sacco, L/RW Jeff Cowan, RW Nathan Perrott, picks and prospects

EDIT: RW Vladimir Orszagh, acquired today from the Dallas Stars, is also available as part of a package for an upgrade up front. He is young, affordable and plays both ends of the ice (66 DF, 66 SC).

Only one defenceman will be moved unless there is a defenceman coming back in the package. The Jackets are looking to upgrade at key positions, notably a scoring power forward and a goaltender capable of pushing Kevin Weekes for starts, but we will consider all offers. Send offers to my home address: [email protected]

NOTE: The league office will not allow me to take on huge salary in any deal (my team's in a precarious financial position), so don't ask! :shakehead

Last edited:

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
NOTE: The league office will not allow me to take on huge salary in any deal (my team's in a precarious financial position), so don't ask! :shakehead

Aren't most of us?? Didn't you say that everyone was losing money except TB. :teach:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Donga said:
Aren't most of us?? Didn't you say that everyone was losing money except TB. :teach:

That's true (or it was at the time - a few teams are in slightly better positions now that their home gates are rolling in...). But where most teams have some moeny to work with, I'm sitting with only $6M in the bank, so I'm that much closer to the brink - acquiring a huge salary (OK, ANOTHER huge salary, after Roenick!) could well be the death of me. Then I'd have to kick myself out! :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad