GDT: Jackets @ Leafs at 7pm Feb 11th Sat on CBC, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nothing to do with the ref. Yes it was a missed call but Bunting is acting crazy after every missed call and the more he does that the more the Refs will let the other teams maul him.
he even looks crazy when he is on the bench
Excuse me but what does reputation/appearance have to do with refs not calling actual penalties? If there is a penalty just call it ffs.

Reactions: Azazel and bax

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Look at their points and scoring.
Nylander and marner leading the team.

Be nice to have Matthews in the line-up.

I guess we shouldn't be too hard on them as they are 5 forwards and some youngsters on defense.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
The Leafs loyalty to Holl is kind of interesting. He’s a pretty typical 6’4” length defender who can pretty effective when he keeps it simple and they think he’s so indispensable.
The thing I like about Holl is

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
The more Bunting screams and goes crazy at the Refs the more they will allow the other teams to beat on him and at some point it will cost us in the playoffs
I don't disagree.

My point really is that there has to be accountability for the refs as well.

A penalty is a penalty whether you like the player or team

Reactions: Azazel

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Kinda see the problem with this team in a nutshell, they panic when they get behind. Throwing pucks behind the rush, chipping the puck into danger areas when its not needed. Holl loses his man then takes a PIM when the guy was no longer a threat.

This team reminds me of the joke about the Bull and the Calf at the top of the hill looking down at the cows. I wont tell the joke because its R rated but the gist is the Bull wants to chill and take his time down the hill and the calf wants to freak out an run down the hill all panicked.

You look at the Lightning when they get behind, cool, calm, methodical. The Leafs, wild, scrambly, desperate.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I do think people should prepare for Tampa having home ice. Team trips over it's feet to much. Personally don't think home ice is going to be that big of a deal anyways...still annoying.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
“Nothing to do with the ref”

Proceeds to describe the refs making calls based on their personal feelings about how Bunting looks instead of doing their jobs professionally.

My neighbour calls the cops too often about minor complaints so it’s really his fault if they look the other way when he gets mugged in front of the station.
I will try once more with you. My point about Bunting is not if the refs made the right or wrong call but the that they will just get tougher on him because of his crazy scream at them.
He needs to stop the crazy antics on every call and the stupid yelling at the other teams bench.
if you look at his team mates when he is doing that they look uncomfortable. He is turning into a clown but if you like that stuff enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad