Rumor: Jackets interested in Tavares?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
There is 0% chance the Islanders trade him within division, and less than 50% chance he gets traded anyway.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Please close this... JT to CBJ is a pipe dream.

So confident I'll let you pick my username in the rare/world is ending event that it does ;)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
If we wouldn’t pony up what was needed to land Duchene, whom this front office coveted badly , were not going to give up what is needed to land Tavares .

Reactions: CPTN71

pled

Sep 7, 2009
why at the moment duchene rumor is finally dead someone as to start another one

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
why at the moment duchene rumor is finally dead someone as to start another one
Because it's hockey season and even if we were undefeated we have a mentality of ok but then what happens to ruin the year. So we need to fix that or convince ourselves we can =)

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Because it's hockey season and even if we were undefeated we have a mentality of ok but then what happens to ruin the year. So we need to fix that or convince ourselves we can =)
CBJ has no asset to spare to get a top center. I wouldnt give Wennberg dubois Kivlenieks a first a third for duchene and Tavares is worth even more

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Who would do that for Duchene that would be obsurd. But we have the depth and pieces to make a Taveres deal it' just do we feel we can make the move and still be top 5 team in the league.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
thats about what ottawa paid I dont see any benefit in trading even more asset for tavares

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Ottawa didn't give up near a Wennberg, PLD, 1st and 3rd. Not going to really judge the goalie because he's project. They gave up a Turris who wanted more then they wanted to pay for his production which is what we expect Wennberg to produce 2 picks, a goalie to lose some cap, and a average prospect. Wennberg and Turris would have similar value due to age cost and control along with production. The 1st, 3rd, goalie and prospect isn't worth PLD 1st 3rd and our goalie...

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Ottawa didn't give up near a Wennberg, PLD, 1st and 3rd. Not going to really judge the goalie because he's project. They gave up a Turris who wanted more then they wanted to pay for his production which is what we expect Wennberg to produce 2 picks, a goalie to lose some cap, and a average prospect. Wennberg and Turris would have similar value due to age cost and control along with production. The 1st, 3rd, goalie and prospect isn't worth PLD 1st 3rd and our goalie...
the prospect is a first round pick too and the cbj pick would be lower value so I think its pretty similar and even if pld is a bit more it would take even more to land tavares

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
the prospect is a first round pick too and the cbj pick would be lower value so I think its pretty similar and even if pld is a bit more it would take even more to land tavares
he's Not a 19yo 3OA current NHLer so yeah huge gap in value. Take out the picks from the jackets and I wouldn't do PLD for their 1st, 3rd, backup higher price goalie and average prospect. Think take that package and try and trade it to whatever team picks 3rd this year and see if they bite.

Tavares is an extremely unlikely outcome but it's not super out of reach it would cost a lot though. PLD Murray/Carlson, next 2 1sts.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
he's Not a 19yo 3OA current NHLer so yeah huge gap in value. Take out the picks from the jackets and I wouldn't do PLD for their 1st, 3rd, backup higher price goalie and average prospect. Think take that package and try and trade it to whatever team picks 3rd this year and see if they bite.

Tavares is an extremely unlikely outcome but it's not super out of reach it would cost a lot though. PLD Murray/Carlson, next 2 1sts.

thats horribly high value for barely anything in return. what if he doesnt resign ? columbus is just f***ed and gave a lot of asset and probably wouldnt win the cup this year

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
There are very few players I wouldn't move for Tavares. It all hinges on the islanders finding a place long term and how much Tavares is willing to deal with it.

But if there is ever actually any hint that Tavares could become available Jarmo better be all over it.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
There are very few players I wouldn't move for Tavares. It all hinges on the islanders finding a place long term and how much Tavares is willing to deal with it.

But if there is ever actually any hint that Tavares could become available Jarmo better be all over it.

if he is available and willing to resign right away I might do it but he need to be more than a rental for they price they are gonna ask for sure

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
if he is available and willing to resign right away I might do it but he need to be more than a rental for they price they are gonna ask for sure
It would be like the Turris deal where there is pretty much an agreement to sign for a price before the trigger is pulled.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
It would be like the Turris deal where there is pretty much an agreement to sign for a price before the trigger is pulled.
Im still scared it would destroy the future of the team but its true that contrary to duchene, Tavares is worth almost anything

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I don't think any trade GMJK would make would ever put the team at risk but it would cost money and a lot of value in players. 2 of our solid kids and 2 1sts if he resigns wouldn't be a bad deal. You then let cam or JJ walk and that helps cap wise and it's not so bad.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I don't think any trade GMJK would make would ever put the team at risk but it would cost money and a lot of value in players. 2 of our solid kids and 2 1sts if he resigns wouldn't be a bad deal. You then let cam or JJ walk and that helps cap wise and it's not so bad.
if hes looking for a mcdavid deal it might be hard to fit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad