Rumor: Jackets interested in Artem Anisimov

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Never going to happen. It just says he thinks he would be a good fit here. We have Wennberg not having a great statistical season and Nash playing terrible both making 5mil a year. Why take on another non offense producing C? Right now we are running Jenner as a 2C and its working actually really f***ing well.

Our top 6 of
Bread PLD Cam
Fligs Jenner Anderson

Is playing fantastic. The top lines skill and speed can keep up with anyone and the 2nd line bangs with the best and has been great at being physical causing TOs and then going off to the races for quick scores.

I love Arty Parties but unless they are taking Nashs contract back it wont happen. And nothing in this article suggests they would do it or have even thought 2 seconds about it.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Nash isn't at $5M. Not event close. He's at $2.75M
How long is the contract why was I thinking 5mil... lol f*** me sorry for the confusion guys no idea why I was thinking 5 unless it was a 2yr deal maybe... hmmmm

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
“It's no clear whether the Blue Jackets are on that approved list, but LeBrun noted that Columbus could be a nice fit for the former center who could immediately jump into a large(r) role on a team that lacks depth in the middle.”

Nope. Also one grammar error.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
The article doesn't even say that...
I think the original report from Lebrun said that the Jackets and Canes had asked about him.

Riley Nash has 2 years left after this at 2.75. Just me, but I wouldn’t be opposed to taking his contract back in the right deal for Anisimov. Something like Nash+2nd+prospect for Arty. Hawks could bank on him rebounding a bit then flipping him after next season. Even if he can’t, I’m confident Bowman could move him to make space for El Gato and Strome after next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad