GDT: Jackets @ Canes 7/11 - embrace your inner Lou Brown.. now with FOOD!

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
The demographics of Atlanta and Raleigh are drastically different, and trending in very different directions. Comparing the two in terms of a market for hockey and a potential move makes no sense to me at all. Being in the "South" is one of the only similarities.

My wager on us moving is still open to anyone willing to take it.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Jackets @ Canes 7/11 - embrace your inner Lou Brown

Alright we won some games this weekend, and we won one on Tuesday night. That's called a "winning streak"... it has happened before. So let's see some hustle, let's jack it up a little. Advanced "fancy" stats have a feeling things are about to turn around for us.

Apparently coach Brown Peters used the two games off to motivate Semin. Now, I wasn't behind the scenes but speculation is it went something like this:

So after the embodiment of all that is unholy and that which deserves to be hated among Canes fandom, aside from Ritch Winter/Frederik Andersen Jack Johnson's cheapshot on Tlusty the other night, he's out of the lineup against us, and what was mocked just a season ago when it was introduced actually has become a bit of a little rivalry here. Mind you it's between the two teams that really are considered only as afterthoughts in the Sydney Crosby & the tri-state Metropolitan Division. But if you haven't been paying attention you've been missing some good hockey. Hell, the Canes who were putrid much of last season managed to take 5 points in their 5 games last season, and have won 3 of the last 4 matchups, going to OT in the other.

Not much breaking news on the lineups for tonight. Gleason's confirmed out, Tlusty is more like a game-time decision, but he was able to practice this morning and indications are that, much like Ellie Arroway, he should be good to go. So, expected lines:

Canes:
Jiri Tlusty - Eric Staal - Alex Semin
Nathan Gerbe - Riley Nash - Elias Lindholm
Jeff Skinner - Jay McClement - Compete Level
Chris Terry - Victor Rask - Zach Boychuk

Andrej Sekera - Justin Faulk
Jay Harrison - John-Michael Liles
Ron Hainsey - Brett Bellemore

Cam Ward
Anton Khudobin

Jackets: (ripped from their GDT)
Hartnell-Jenner-Atkinson
Gibbons-Johansen-Foligno
Calvert-Wennberg-Skille
Tropp-Chaput-Boll

Tyutin-Savard
St.Denis-Prout
Erixon-Wizniewski

McElhinney
Forsberg

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I'm going to put in a vote for BD58 to be honorary mod for this thread again tonight. Dave, please make it happen.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I know there's not a physical, shutdown, crash and bang line.....but none of those lines make me nervous when they're out on the ice. And that's without J Staal. Huh.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Because Ohio State is playing at Michigan State tomorrow and because the Blue Jackets play in Columbus, where Ohio State is located, and because I think this song is cool, I will post the Michigan State fight song in this thread.

Go Spartancanes!

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Because Ohio State is playing at Michigan State tomorrow and because the Blue Jackets play in Columbus, where Ohio State is located, and because I think this song is cool, I will post the Michigan State fight song in this thread.

Go Spartancanes!

**** Michigan State

Go #hcanes

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'm going to put in a vote for BD58 to be honorary mod for this thread again tonight. Dave, please make it happen.

I'm ok with BD58 being an honorary mod for all the GDTs, because it's nothing but pure awesomeness.

That and I'll be at the game and unable to mod since reception at the ESRBPNCA is horrific.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Tim Horton's donuts are gross.

Coffee is amazing, but the donuts are what the Spaniards would call "El Terriblé"

whaaaaaaaaaat? You honestly are, quite literally, the first person that I've seen that's not a fan of their donuts. I mean, fresh Crispy Creme's are still on a tier of their own, but all but 2 people I know that have had both would take Dunkin over Timmy's for donuts.

Not criticizing, just pointing out a unique opinion.

Neighbor Lee

Sponsor
Oct 25, 2013
Droneview
does anyone know if you can get in at PNC by scanning stubhub app's pdf or do you need to print tix out?
i couldn't find any info about this on the web site.
thanks.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
whaaaaaaaaaat? You honestly are, quite literally, the first person that I've seen that's not a fan of their donuts. I mean, fresh Crispy Creme's are still on a tier of their own, but all but 2 people I know that have had both would take Dunkin over Timmy's for donuts.

Remember, CI hates everything Canadian so you have to consider the source. :laugh:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC

Willful misspelling of Krispy Kreme? Deportation hearings shall commence posthaste!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Remember, CI hates everything Canadian so you have to consider the source. :laugh:

I wouldn't mind them as much if they didn't all ship from Hamilton. By the time you buy it, it's about two weeks old. Dunkin' Donuts and Krispy Kreme and etc make theirs in house.

I'll eat them in a pinch, but there's so much better you can do.

Let me put it this way.

Tim Horton's = White Castle

Krispy Kreme = Golden Corral

Damnit, now I want a buffet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad