GDT: Jackets at Wings | January 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I watched the replay of the Jackets/Canes game where they lost 6-2. The jackets are realbad defensively and do a terrible job of protecting their net. If the wings have their big bodies active down low to create chaos then I think this is a winnable game.

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
This is the 1st time this season we are the closest to the best lineup we can ice.
No opponent should and can be taken lightly.
Play for the pride not for the show or points and you should be fine.

Even though the jackets are bad we have to bring our A game to win.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008

Why , this game will be easy, we have 3 straight wins anyway

This is the 1st time this season we are the closest to the best lineup we can ice.
No opponent should and can be taken lightly.
Play for the pride not for the show or points and you should be fine.

Even though the jackets are bad we have to bring our A game to win.
Exactly, this is one of those weekend games I can watch

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
How many prime scoring chances is Bert going to flub this game? I love the guy, but he is clearly not up to his game form yet. While he works off the rust how about taking him off the pp? We have a hard enough time scoring and maintaining possession as it is.
Who knows, maybe a lousy CBJ team is just what he needs to get in gear. Betting he pots a goal tonight.

Wings win 4-2

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
How does Zadina get worked into the lineup after his conditioning stint? He doesn’t have the offense to replace anyone in the top 6 or top 9. I think he could marginally be an upgrade on Erne but not defensively. I think he has to sit.

Maybe they give him a game or two to see if he can click. I don’t know. :huh:

Reactions: lilidk

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
How does Zadina get worked into the lineup after his conditioning stint? He doesn’t have the offense to replace anyone in the top 6 or top 9. I think he could marginally be an upgrade on Erne but not defensively. I think he has to sit.

By trading him to chicago for a bag of pucks.

He’s not an every day NHLer. Either he rotated with Erne and Suter as a scratch or he’s gone. I think he’s gone anyway.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee

Been wondering the same, and it's kind of annoying me knowing who he could potentially put out of a spot. Elmer came up and produced, and was more effective than Zadina, i'd rather have him back.

Hope to keep the wins rolling, LGW!

Reactions: 14ari13

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Getting Zadinas spot ready

1673716700872.jpeg

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

I can guarantee you that Yzerman doesn't think Zadina sucks at hockey like most Wings fans do and respects him as a hockey player and person. If he comes back and is ineffective again Yzerman will not hesitate to remove him from the roster, but he will also give him a chance to come back from injury, an injury he acquired blocking a shot for the team - because he proved with giving him his contract that he somewhat believes in him.

He will have a very short leash I imagine.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Columbus is back in Detroit today but Wings' fans hope the only thing they'll be discovering is that the Red Wings with an almost full line-up are whole new world of hockey." - Plausible Keats

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
of course the jackets get their stud 1C Boone Jenner back from injury just in time for the wings game lol

Hronek just had maintenance day but Coach said he will play today

Reactions: 14ari13

theYman

Feb 28, 2008

He's softer than Charmin

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
I’d like to see Berggeron get some time with Rasmussen.

Lalonde needs to stop playing around and get Maata back with Hronek and move Chiarot to the third pair with either Lindstrom or Oesterle. Hopefully we never have to see Hagg play another game. He is terrible.

When Zadina comes back he just rotates in and fights for the last spot. We should be trying to get him going instead of having Suter and Erne playing games since neither player are likely to be wings next year

Reactions: Filppula

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's pathetic that a multi-billion dollar sports league is ok with their broadcasts using technology that makes parts of players and the puck disappear during game play.

(this will be my obligatory complaint about digital ads in the GDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad