GDT: Jackets at Panthers 12/13 @ 7:00 - No Lars Tonight?

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
ZERO scoring chances in the third is what I believe I just heard? Team has no plan offensively.
There's also the other team, they did a good job in the 3rd to kill the game, it's not easy to break that when a good team does it, even with a good coach. I don't think the Jackets were great in the 3rd, far from it, but it was also Panthers making them look bad.

One way to try to get something going would be to stack your offense.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I knew we wouldn’t wreck it. Lars doesn’t know how to coach once the other coach makes changes.

We have a rush dependent roster and when the Panthers decide to stop giving us rush play, what would you like Lars to do?

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
We have a rush dependent roster and when the Panthers decide to stop giving us rush play, what would you like Lars to do?
Exactly, you're left with dump-ins and feracious forecheck as the best option and we don't really have that. IMO the best option would've been to just put Johnson and Gaudreau with there with Laine and hope they work some magic. Which is still a long shot when they clog the middle like that.

Game was really tight though, it's pretty thin margins when you score none but hit the pipes 3 times. Also some great saves by Bob and one flukey goal by the Panthers. Panthers also hit the pipes twice, but Jackets absolutely had the scoring chances to make this a tightly contested game.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Adjust lines and stop playing players that clearly dont play well together? Give Johnson, the only player who can somewhat think the game like Gaudreau more of a chance on that top unit? Experiment in any meaningful way?

Reactions: Halberdier

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Exactly, you're left with dump-ins and feracious forecheck as the best option and we don't really have that. IMO the best option would've been to just put Johnson and Gaudreau with there with Laine and hope they work some magic. Which is still a long shot when they clog the middle like that.

Game was really tight though, it's pretty thin margins when you score none but hit the pipes 3 times. Also some great saves by Bob and one flukey goal by the Panthers. Panthers also hit the pipes twice, but Jackets absolutely had the scoring chances to make this a tightly contested game.

Adjust lines and stop playing players that clearly dont play well together? Give Johnson, the only player who can somewhat think the game like Gaudreau more of a chance on that top unit? Experiment in any meaningful way?

Try at the very least rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic. 😉

I don't think it is a lines problem.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I was in the hospital, that's why I didn't watch second and third period.can Can I can how Roslovic's and Sillinger'lines played, also Laine and Johnson theirself? And, of course, Elvis.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I was in the hospital, that's why I didn't watch second and third period.can Can I can how Roslovic's and Sillinger'lines played, also Laine and Johnson theirself? And, of course, Elvis.
I skipped the third too, so this is based on the first two: It was a better game than the 4-0 score shows. Chances were even and we had some good plays and shifts in the o-zone, and not too many defensive meltdowns. 2nd line was the best, Laine was a beast at times, he looked really good and hit the post once. Christiansen also hit the post on a good shot from the flank. (And a third post in the third?) Elvis was... fine? Relatively speaking at least. We'd want one or two goals back but he did make some good saves too. KJ looked good at times and needs more PP time. Otherwise PP was abysmal and couldn't get the puck in the o-zone. Chinakhov looks "almost there" all the time but can't quite break out (he had at least one shot but shot it wide or something), and Sillinger I thought was ok/normal mediocre - but the 3rd line didn't produce anything flashy, I guess they didn't get ice time much. 1st line was quite invisible, Gaudreau tried things but I echo everybody else's thoughts that Johnny needs better playmates.

Reactions: MoeBartoli and VT

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Absolutely hate the television arrangements for this one, as I don’t have ESPN plus or Hulu and refuse to pay for them for the few games the Jackets are on them
but on the other hand maybe it is a blessing in that I won’t suffer through lack of defense and goaltending

I get not wanting more streaming services. Every Black Friday they have a Hulu deal. Like $2/month with commercials. They seem to put the Jackets on Hulu more than better, more popular teams. Plus you can watch Hit Monkey. I got rid of cable and hate Bally, so I like the Hulu games. Unfortunately I was out last night so I had the radio broadcast on, and Rimer was doing the radio broadcast.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I get not wanting more streaming services. Every Black Friday they have a Hulu deal. Like $2/month with commercials. They seem to put the Jackets on Hulu more than better, more popular teams. Plus you can watch Hit Monkey. I got rid of cable and hate Bally, so I like the Hulu games. Unfortunately I was out last night so I had the radio broadcast on, and Rimer was doing the radio broadcast.
Serious question. How does Rimer do on a radio broadcast? I’ve never heard him doing a game on radio.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Whole thing sounded like a Panthers home broadcast.

Do Panthers' broadcasts spend 5 minutes talking about Tim Berni?

The Blue Jackets don't deserve to be talked about too much right now.

I only heard parts when I was driving. I guess the difference is if he says something like “Roslovic’s shot is just wide of the net” I can’t see that it was 6 feet wide of the net.

Or when his voice picks up in excitement for no reason, or maybe a Robinson 1v2 attempt.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm looking at goals. All 5:5 goals were if Jenner's line with Gaudreau and Nyquist was on the ice. Gudbranson had too much goals during his time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad