GDT: Jackets at Lightning | 7 pm 4/26

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’m really enjoying Brian engblom on the bolts broadcast.

Also, they showed the bolts club level bar. Nationwide arena is in desperate need of a upgrade, I hope it’s on the list
Brian is excellent. He and Rick Peckham were a great pair before Rick retired prior to last year. I used to catch the often.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm encouraged that the Jackets made a lot of nice plays there, you really have to give Vasi some credit. The Bolts should be cup favorites still.

I'd be more concerned that we just have no answer to Kucherov's line. You expect them to score a couple and they put up four and made it look easy. We need to put guys out there against them that manage the puck better and know how to play defense.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
We can love or hate Kucherov but he's the best player in NHL.
I like Blankenburg more and more and think he has really good chemistry with Werenski.
Bean was well, his offense abilities are very good he played good in defense, positional play too but his strength... .
Tampa has excellent control of the puck, system. They are everywhere. Players know exactly where their teammate is, they don't needlessly shoot the puck into the OZ or pass along the boards, they try to spread out, stretch out (I hope that's the right term) the defense.

Last edited:

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
We can love or hate Kucherov but he's the best player in NHL.
I like Blankenburg more and more and think he has really good chemistry with Werenski.
Bean was well, his offense abilities are very good he played good in defense, positional play too but his strength... .
Tampa has excellent control of the puck, system. They are everywhere. Players know exactly where their teammate is, they don't needlessly shoot the puck into the OZ or pass along the boards, they try to spread out, stretch out (I hope that's the right term) the defense.
I agree with everything you said except McDavid or Matthews are the best players in the world/NHL arguably (which one is #1). Kucherov is a distant 3-4 position at best.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Kucherov is very underrated.

The guys in Tampa could chase individual glory, but they have learned (partially from the Jackets) that they just need to get into the playoffs as healthy as possible and somewhat rested with a tougher guy or two acquired late in the season.

If you look at a team like Toronto, they overworked Campbell when he was hot (and kept saying he would win the Vezina) and have had a spotlight on Matthews for the last couple of months (60 goals!) which will only put more pressure on him come playoff time.

Part of being a great hockey player is doing what needs to be done to chase a Cup.

Reactions: VT

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The guys in Tampa could chase individual glory, but they have learned (partially from the Jackets) that they just need to get into the playoffs as healthy as possible and somewhat rested with a tougher guy or two acquired late in the season.

If you look at a team like Toronto, they overworked Campbell when he was hot (and kept saying he would win the Vezina) and have had a spotlight on Matthews for the last couple of months (60 goals!) which will only put more pressure on him come playoff time.

Part of being a great hockey player is doing what needs to be done to chase a Cup.
Btw, Tampa and Toronto will play against each other in PO. Maybe fate wills it. ;)

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Btw, Tampa and Toronto will play against each other in PO. Maybe fate wills it. ;)
I guess we will see head to head Matthews vs Kucherov and test that best in the NHL theory part 1 - :popcorn:

Reactions: VT

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I guess we will see head to head Matthews vs Kucherov and test that best in the NHL theory part 1 - :popcorn:

Matthews has been great this year. When we played them he was obviously the leader and they should give him the C. He has grown up and learned a lot. But I think Tampa wins the series in 5 or 6. And I think Kucherov has more points.

Youngguns80

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Matthews has been great this year. When we played them he was obviously the leader and they should give him the C. He has grown up and learned a lot. But I think Tampa wins the series in 5 or 6. And I think Kucherov has more points.
If Tampa wins the series Toronto Fans will want to incinerate everyone on the Leafs - from The Front Office to Marner. All of us will hear how they haven’t won a series in 600 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad