Jack Skille

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Skille got shafted a bit in the U18. he and Kessel = not good. So skille played little with kessel. Kessel played with stoa and mueller. Skille is a big guy with good o up side and plays in corners well. Guerin, Tkachuk with lil more speed. A talented power forward.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MN_Gopher said:
Skille got shafted a bit in the U18. he and Kessel = not good. So skille played little with kessel. Kessel played with stoa and mueller. Skille is a big guy with good o up side and plays in corners well. Guerin, Tkachuk with lil more speed. A talented power forward.

True.

My comparison has been Ryan Smyth. It fits better than Guerin IMO. He has great leadership qualities and good speed just like him.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Legionnaire said:
True.

My comparison has been Ryan Smyth. It fits better than Guerin IMO. He has great leadership qualities and good speed just like him.

Will he be able to get Ryan Smyth, or Guerin like numbers(how many points, and how many goals do you say?)? Is he a future captain? First line potential?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Russian_fanatic said:
Will he be able to get Ryan Smyth, or Guerin like numbers(how many points, and how many goals do you say?)? Is he a future captain? First line potential?

I think he's more like Bill Guerin personally. He's probably a bit more well-rounded than Guerin, but possesses good size, a powerful skating stride, and a wicked shot off the wing. I'd project him to be a 30-35 goal guy at the NHL level.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Put it this way...if Skille is still on the board at 10(I don't think he will be...I think the Sens will grab him), the Canucks need to grab him and run.

And yes, Guerin is a very good comparison.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
nomorekids said:
Put it this way...if Skille is still on the board at 10(I don't think he will be...I think the Sens will grab him), the Canucks need to grab him and run.

And yes, Guerin is a very good comparison.

Skille is a RW. Doesn't Ottawa have enough of those? I think Ottawa will try and pick up a goaltender, a center, or a LW.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Russian_fanatic said:
Skille is a RW. Doesn't Ottawa have enough of those? I think Ottawa will try and pick up a goaltender, a center, or a LW.

is he a RW? I saw him listed as a LW.

And at this stage, I doubt it makes that much of a difference, unless the scouting staff is convinced that he couldn't develop on the other wing.

Skille will be taken by the Sens, unless he goes higher... or unless the Sens are going after a goalie and take Price (if he doesn't go higher).

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
Russian_fanatic said:

I thought Skille was a LW......

But whatever. I'll be happy with whatever Nonis ends up selecting, as long as the phrase "The kid reminds me of a young Trevor Linden" doesn't pop up.

If the Canucks really wanted Skille, I'm sure they can find a way to trade up a couple slots to guarantee that they have him. 10th to 7th or 8th doesn't require much in terms of assets.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Brule said:

But whatever. I'll be happy with whatever Nonis ends up selecting, as long as the phrase "The kid reminds me of a young Trevor Linden" doesn't pop up.

If the Canucks really wanted Skille, I'm sure they can find a way to trade up a couple slots to guarantee that they have him. 10th to 7th or 8th doesn't require much in terms of assets.

that's got O'Marra written all over it... and coincidently, he's the #10 rated prospect by TSN.... known for his leadership skills and maturity.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Brule said:

hehe yea, I rather hear the phrase "The kid reminds me of a young Pavel Bure" instead.

parabola

BOlieve dat
Jul 8, 2004
ಠ_ಠ
Vman said:
hehe yea, I rather hear the phrase "The kid reminds me of a young Pavel Bure" instead.

I used to have a sail bout next to bure's yacht... True story.

Anyways, i dont think we will be hearing that phrase this year :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad