Jack Roslovic potential ?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Bryan Little 2.0 would be amazing, but just to put things into context: Little was a 51 point player in the NHL at age 21.

Definitely see where the Little comparisons come from in terms of play style, but my guess is that Roslo becomes more of a poor man's version. Sold 2C/3C that can play in all situations, that's nothing to scoff at.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
One advantage we have with Roslovic and it was pointed out by Button in the run up to the draft is that Jack plays up with top talent well and that is not easy to do. When Matthews and Tkachuk were struggling to find a linemate that "fit" roslo was the solution. Honestly with the high end talent we have at forward that could be a big deal over the next two seasons.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
One advantage we have with Roslovic and it was pointed out by Button in the run up to the draft is that Jack plays up with top talent well and that is not easy to do. When Matthews and Tkachuk were struggling to find a linemate that "fit" roslo was the solution. Honestly with the high end talent we have at forward that could be a big deal over the next two seasons.

if each line has one of connor, ehlers and roslovic on it, other teams will really need to be cautious due to the breakout/turnover. these three must be among the fastest/quickest skaters in the league. if ehlers ever learns to score on the breakaway...

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Really depends, let's assume he stays a Center for the long run, I think his ceiling is Little level esque on the second line but I think he'd average out to be an under-average(give or take) 2nd Line Center or High Quality 3rd Line Center.

If he is a Winger in the long run(which I hope) I think he could be a high quality second line Winger that is very reminiscent to Kunitz but would likely be a above average 2nd Line Winger in his prime.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
if each line has one of connor, ehlers and roslovic on it, other teams will really need to be cautious due to the breakout/turnover. these three must be among the fastest/quickest skaters in the league. if ehlers ever learns to score on the breakaway...

That would be very scary, especially since we still have Scheifele(Elite Center), Laine(Franchise Winger), Wheeler(Elite Winger, who is also very fast) and Perrault(I don't know how to rank him because he's so under-appreciated but such a great player).

portamoral

Nov 6, 2015
That would be very scary, especially since we still have Scheifele(Elite Center), Laine(Franchise Winger), Wheeler(Elite Winger, who is also very fast) and Perrault(I don't know how to rank him because he's so under-appreciated but such a great player).

perreault (generational)

Nov 24, 2006

I would tweak your adjectives. Laine may be elite, Scheif and Wheeler I would call first liners.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would tweak your adjectives. Laine may be elite, Scheif and Wheeler I would call first liners.

Not sure though both Scheifele and Wheeler have been in the top 10 in NHL scoring in the last two seasons and Wheeler is also a possession beast so 1st liners might be a bit modest too.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Not sure though both Scheifele and Wheeler have been in the top 10 in NHL scoring in the last two seasons and Wheeler is also a possession beast so 1st liners might be a bit modest too.

For some fun perspective:

Regardless of position, ranking in GAR last season:
Wheeler 5th
Trouba 12th
Scheifele 28th
Perreault 47th
Ehlers 86th
Laine 181st

Note: GAR combines multiple statistics, changing the degrees of freedom. Basically, the ranking is a rough estimate, not precise, that becomes rougher as you move towards league average.

Now of course they are all at different stages in their careers...
Trouba and Scheifele are more likely near their peak, but have some room for growth, depending on factors.
Wheeler and Perreault are a bit after their peak, and near where they start moving downward, slowly at first but will accelerate in about 2-5 years depending on factors.
Ehlers and Laine are both early in their career development curve and likely will have very high end growth over the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad