Tyutin-Savard
Erixon-Prout
St. Denis- ???

:help:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Can't hit guys in the head.

That said, I wish the league were more consistent. Gryba and Kreider as of late should have been punished.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
So if Wiz and Murray aren't back by Friday then D looks like:

Tyutin-Savard
Erixon-Prout
St. Denis- ???

:help:

The only other three defensemen in the system with a contract are Will Weber, Thomas Larkin, and Austin Madaisky. Madaisky and Larkin are both waiver-exempt.

I wouldn't be shocked to see another team try to put a defenseman on waivers who they just want to be rid of, banking on Columbus making a claim just to fill out the roster for the next few games.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
No, this league is ridiculous. Who knows how long Anisimov will be out for a blatant elbow to the head and no punishment given at all. Then Johnson gets three days for what he did ???? Until there is some consistency other than "if a Jacket does it he gets called and if it is done to a jacket there is no harm", no punishment is deserved. I am really sick of this league's so-called (non)disciplinary system.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
No, this league is ridiculous. Who knows how long Anisimov will be out for a blatant elbow to the head and no punishment given at all. Then Johnson gets three days for what he did ???? Until there is some consistency other than "if a Jacket does it he gets called and if it is done to a jacket there is no harm", no punishment is deserved. I am really sick of this league's so-called (non)disciplinary system.

Anisimov was not hit in the head with a direct blow like Johnson did. He hit his head on the ice. Completely different

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Wiz will be back by Friday. Now that is almost guaranteed.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

This. Every bit of this.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I'm looking at it like this: Jack could use a few games off to regroup. And hopefully this is his Olympic snub of this year and he comes back playing like we know he can. (Yes it's better to have a self-motivater but sometimes people need a little kick in the ass).

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
I'm looking at it like this: Jack could use a few games off to regroup. And hopefully this is his Olympic snub of this year and he comes back playing like we know he can. (Yes it's better to have a self-motivater but sometimes people need a little kick in the ass).

This is my hope as well.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
When it rains...

Hockey gods sure seem to be trying to tell us something.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
When it rains...

Hockey gods sure seem to be trying to tell us something.

"I TOLD YOU TO KEEP SCOTT HOWSON!"

tumblr_mf1g2hoLDk1rpduwho1_500.gif

(See? Now you're not arguing against me, you're arguing against me in possession of Divine Right of HF Posters:sarcasm:)

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I know he left his feet, and I know he caught him on the chin, and I agree he should have been suspended, but for a first time offender, I'm confused by the fervent reaction of the main boards to this hit.

A guy gliding admiring his pass should be aware he's in danger by doing that, no? Anisimov falls in the same category IMO.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Not anymore. Youre allowed to admire your pass without having to worry about getting plowed when you dont have the puck, thats where the hit becomes illegal. Add ontop of it being a blind side hit, I knew it would be at least a hearing. In the old days it would have been a legal hit, but you cant do it now a days.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Not anymore. Youre allowed to admire your pass without having to worry about getting plowed when you dont have the puck, thats where the hit becomes illegal. Add ontop of it being a blind side hit, I knew it would be at least a hearing. In the old days it would have been a legal hit, but you cant do it now a days.

I guess I have a fundamental issue with a guy going one direction, yet looking another while carrying the puck through the neutral zone.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
If you listen to the NHLDPS' explanation, and you'll know that they went out of their way to explain that everything about the check was legal, except Johnson's "unnecessarily elevating himself", thus hitting Tlusty mainly in the head. That, and the fact that Tlusty was hurt and didn't return, was the justification for the suspension.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3