Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Would you rather have Jack Hughes or Nick Suzuki? They now have similar contracts, that's why I'm asking. Suzuki is more of a 200 foot intelligent player but Hughes might have more untapped offensive upside.

Mod Edit: Added poll.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
[mod]

Hughes for me. Not sure where this Suzuki 200ft wizard C stuff is coming from, Danault took all the hard matchups for him and this year he's struggling without him. 42% GF and similar high danger chances. Really can't think of anything Suzuki is better at tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Pi and Maelpj93

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Haven't watched enough of Hughes to pick a side. But based on potential alone, you have to pick him.

Hasn't Hughes gone through a couple of injuries thus far since his draft though? Could this be an issue down the line? Genuine question; I reiterate, I haven't followed him much, if at all.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Too soon to tell. You're supposed to lean towards Hughes because he's a former first overall pick, but anything could happen.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
One benefits from mentoring from PK Subban, and one from Shea Weber. This is really a disguised PK vs Weber poll all over again isn't it...

Reactions: dukeofjive

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Haven't watched enough of Hughes to pick a side. But based on potential alone, you have to pick him.

Hasn't Hughes gone through a couple of injuries thus far since his draft though? Could this be an issue down the line? Genuine question; I reiterate, I haven't followed him much, if at all.

Just the recent shoulder injury

Reactions: Rockomax

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Suzuki, has shown more and while Hughes has untapped potential I feel he won't ever reach it.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Atm I lean Hughes because of his potential,

something I am worried about is he is small. Not short as he and Suzuki are similar in size but he is very light and I'd worry about that come playoffs.

Also hows his two way play, haven't watched him enough to say I could give a fair opinion on it.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Atm I lean Hughes because of his potential,

something I am worried about is he is small. Not short as he and Suzuki are similar in size but he is very light and I'd worry about that come playoffs.

Also hows his two way play, haven't watched him enough to say I could give a fair opinion on it.
Hes not going to wow you in the defensive end with his prowess, but he can strip the puck and cause turnovers quite often; he was leading the league for a good while last season in takeaways, only to place second or third I believe.

His skating allows him to backcheck well and have an active stick in passing lanes. I wouldnt call him good at defense, but he certainly excels at aspects of it in the transition game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad