Jack Hughes vs Chris Kreider

Better Player today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I’ll take the 50 goal scorer and noted clutch playoff performer over a 21 year old small playmaker. Hughes will struggle in the playoffs just as he struggled in the regular season initially. I’m looking forward to see Kreider turn into an animal again once the playoffs roll around. Hughes will be better long term and will likely have the better career, but you can’t take him over the de facto best net front presence in the league that’s having a peak season and doesn’t look like he’s slowing down either

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I’ll take the 50 goal scorer and noted clutch playoff performer over a 21 year old small playmaker. Hughes will struggle in the playoffs just as he struggled in the regular season initially. I’m looking forward to see Kreider turn into an animal again once the playoffs roll around. Hughes will be better long term and will likely have the better career, but you can’t take him over the de facto best net front presence in the league that’s having a peak season and doesn’t look like he’s slowing down either
Kreider has 39 points in 80 playoff games... That's a 40 point pace vs his regular season career pace of 52 points..

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kreider has 39 points in 80 playoff games... That's a 40 point pace vs his regular season career pace of 52 points..
Look at when they were all scored. Most were GTP/GWP/OTP. And also look at how old Kreider was the last time he was in the playoffs. JTM had 1 goal in 30+ playoff games when he was traded to Van

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
He's still riding that 2012 playoff "introduction" to the league. People were really drooling over him after that and he hasn't really replicated that outside of their run in 2014.

Reactions: JT Kreider

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Look at when they were all scored. Most were GTP/GWP/OTP. And also look at how old Kreider was the last time he was in the playoffs. JTM had 1 goal in 30+ playoff games when he was traded to Van
He was 25 the last time they were in the "playoffs". He had 4 points in 12 games. Tanner Glass had as many points in 7 games...

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hughes is a better play driver and overall player, but depending on who else is on the team, Kreider might be a more valuable add.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
From the Rangers POV, I take Kreider at this exact moment in time through this playoff run.

Beyond that the answer is obvious.

Congrats Devils fans, you had to cherry pick to get your first ever poll victory.

Your real concern should be how you are going to get out of the cellar in the Metro and put an end to your 10 year rebuild, not your obsession with trying to show the rest of this board with this childish crusade of "Why don't you all realize the Rangers aren't that great and when will you start paying attention to me?"

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
And I am sure a majority of contenders would take the complete player who is actually contributing to a winning hockey club compared to a player who is just stat padding in a losing situation that is not translating to any semblance of team success.

How does Hughes respond when he is actually expected to play defensive hockey while nursing a lead instead of having the freedom of run and gun hockey while playing from behind with zero expectations and zero accountability?

Oh wait, we saw the former on Saturday.

(I know small sample size, maybe we will get a better look in 2025 when your 13 year old rebuild finally comes to an end)

Last edited:

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
From the Rangers POV, I take Kreider at this exact moment in time through this playoff run.

Congrats Devils fans, you had to cherry pick to get your first ever poll victory.

Your real concern should be how you are going to get out of the cellar in the Metro and put an end to your 10 year rebuild, not your obsession with trying to show the rest of this board with this childish crusade of "Why don't you all realize the Rangers aren't that great and when will you start paying attention to me?"
Yes, the Devils fans are definitely the ones on a childish crusade here

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

Cherry pick?
@Lays said not one poster would take Hughes over Kreider. So I thought it would be interesting to test that hypothesis.

I think we can safely assume he was wrong.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Cherry pick?
@Lays said not one poster would take Hughes over Kreider. So I thought it would be interesting to test that hypothesis.

Congratulations you were right and now you get to have everyone come into this thread and tell you how right you are?

(And the result of this poll does not really prove anything. Are there Habs and Red Wings fans voting that would take Hughes right now or are there Penguins and Leafs fans that would take Kreider for their playoff run and not the player who has zero team success to his name and the one time he had a nurse to lead he blew a 4 goal 3rd period lead ?)

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Yes, the Devils fans are definitely the ones on a childish crusade here

I just don't get how the OP's immediate reaction was to run here and create a poll. If someone tried to argue with me "the sky is green" I wouldn't feel the need to create a poll about it so I can have everyone tell me what a genius I am that I know the sky is blue.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Cherry pick?

@Lays said every playoff team would take Kreider over Hughes for their playoff run.

Why isn't that what we are discussing here?

You cherry picked his comment so you can get the win when it wasn't even the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino