News Article: Jack Han and The 2F3D project

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This sounds like some real bong-rip stuff, who knows? I'm open to experimentation.

The experiment has to pass this basic test: are we putting a better player on the ice as a result, or not? If Dubas had gone out and added Zdeno Chara and a couple of other NHL defensive vets on league minimum, sure, why not? But when he loaded up on NHL capable forwards, we're going to put one more of them in the press box to ice a possibly inferior defenseman?

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
The experiment has to pass this basic test: are we putting a better player on the ice as a result, or not? If Dubas had gone out and added Zdeno Chara and a couple of other NHL defensive vets on league minimum, sure, why not? But when he loaded up on NHL capable forwards, we're going to put one more of them in the press box to ice a possibly inferior defenseman?
Yeah, it seems unlikely to be consistent with Dubas's plan.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Have thought this many times. Get a 1100 lb man, jam him in and go 82-0 with zero GA
It’s obviously poor sportsmanship, but we’re not playing house league here. There would be immediate rule changes the following year but why not f*** things up while you can. Haha

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I could see something like this completely sucking the life out of the game to the point where the NHL makes a rule against similar to zone defence in BB. I'm imagining the 2000 Devils with a 1 goal lead but worse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad