Proposal: Jack for Marner + assets

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Meh. Fair enough. The day we trade a world class player to the Maple Leafs is they day we've been moved out of Buffalo to Quebec City. Nope.

If the Sabres are trading Eichel to Toronto for a pure futures package, then I would hate it.

However, if they trade him for a healthier world class player+, that is a completely different conversation.

I expect Eichel to move for a futures heavy deal. But if they were moving him for another All Star calibre player, Marner is near the top of the list of guys that might move for Eichel.

I would probably take Marner over Matthew Tkachuk, for example.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I mean if Marner gets traded to a western conference team first, then I'd listen.

:)

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
If the Sabres are trading Eichel to Toronto for a pure futures package, then I would hate it.

However, if they trade him for a healthier world class player+, that is a completely different conversation.

I expect Eichel to move for a futures heavy deal. But if they were moving him for another All Star calibre player, Marner is near the top of the list of guys that might move for Eichel.

I would probably take Marner over Matthew Tkachuk, for example.

Marner is soft, does not improve in the playoffs, and to be blunt, is a better version of Reinhart. In no sense, would I trade Eichel for a slightly better version of Reinhart. Sure he puts up his hollow points in the regular season. he's not a center, and this team isn't going to make the playoffs if you remove Eichel and put in Marner. In addition, trading Eichel to Toronto is a non starter.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Marner expects to play centre on Maple Leafs - Sportsnet.ca
Mitch Marner has spent the majority of his junior career as a winger with the London Knights, but Toronto Maple Leafs management envision him as an NHL centre.

“That’s what [co-interim GM] Mark [Hunter] told me,” Marner told George Rusic and Ben Ennis on Sportsnet 590 The Fan Monday morning. “He wants me playing centre in a few years, so that’s what I’ve got to start working on.”

Marner has center tendencies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad