Proposal: Jack for Marner + assets

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It won't happen, but Marner+Liljegren would be hard for me to turn down.

But, I expect that I like Marner more than the average Sabres fan.

:dunno:

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Respect the offer, at least you put value up, and didn't name your top 17 guys untouchable.

I'd have to pass, but it's timeline, not because of the value.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Please make this a futures trade and not a guy (winger) like Marner...already highly paid and one dimensional.

Please build up the farm team, and develop properly and build from within...LIKE A SMALL MARKET TEAM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Please make this a futures trade and not a guy (winger) like Marner...already highly paid and one dimensional.

Please build up the farm team, and develop properly and build from within...LIKE A SMALL MARKET TEAM AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

Of all the complaints about Marner, one dimensional is not one that I would say about him. He has gotten Selke votes each of the past three seasons while putting up over a PPG in each of those seasons.

He is a 200 foot winger.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Marner PK's pretty effectively, does he not? He's also would help your PP with Eichel gone. Not sure what he looks like at even strength with the advanced analytics crowd. We're not really in a position to complain about overpaid wingers. Marner can drive play from the wing unlike the guy we overpay.

I would say the knock on him would be his inability to fight through checks due to his frame, this kills him in the playoffs. That said, you need to score goals to get you to the playoffs and he would help tremendously with that. I suspect if he were to end up in a Sabres uniform, people would grow to like him more.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Marner has his warts obviously, but as with pastrnak if you can get a player of that caliber back you grin and bear it because it could have been much worse

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Of all the complaints about Marner, one dimensional is not one that I would say about him. He has gotten Selke votes each of the past three seasons while putting up over a PPG in each of those seasons.

He is a 200 foot winger.
Marner is a great player. I hate the leafs too but Marner plus a first I would do.

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
What I would like to see, is a plan for a playoff hockey team. A plan to put together an actual team.

Does Skinner say playoff performer? I see a smallish guy, who may play chippy but can be "silenced" pretty easily if a team wanted too.

If you guys think trading our 6'2" center for a skinny winger like Marner, who has scored a grand total of 4 goals in 32 playoff games....that's crazy.

Eichel is traded for a same level center, or for futures.... Period. We already have a franchise D, and it looks like we'll have another this weekend. Trade Eichel, Reinhart and Risto for pieces that will make an actual team in a year or two.....that'll be two center prospect, one of which has top line potential; a couple middle line prospects, that have motor and jam; and possibly a goalie.

No Ex-players sons, no pipe dreams,, just 5 or 6 solid prospects or picks. Just do it right this time....

God no to Marner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad