Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
Friedman just mentioned Sabres and Eichel will meet over next couple of days.

I like Friedman and enjoy his spots. I think he is likely good at his job, that he is respected in the industry and that he gets some legitimate scoops. However, more than half the stuff he says is just kinda obvious:

- We are reaching the end of the rehab period for Eichel, so the Sabres and Eichel will likely meet this week
- Friedman thinks that the Sabres (a team with no goalie) have spoken to the Blue Jackets (a team with two goalies who have expressed that they will move one) about one of their goalies
- Friedman thinks that the probability of the Sabres moving Eichel and Reinhart is: 50/50

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
- Friedman thinks that the probability of the Sabres moving Eichel and Reinhart is: 50/50
It's a meaningless statement, he could have just said he doesn't know and it would make no difference.
"The probability of me going out tomorrow is 50/50."
And after that:

Friedman mentioned that He feels it’s a High Percentage that Eichel and Reinhart are moved
Risto is more difficult to put a percentage on.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Part of me wants to see a rebuild where we move Jack, Sam, Risto, and whoever else we can that's over the age of 25. Part of me wants Adams to focus on getting Sam to buy into the new direction and lock him up long term, add two NHL goalies, and be prepared for hopefully a more normal regular season that doesn't see the Sabres playing in Death Row.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Part of me wants to see a rebuild where we move Jack, Sam, Risto, and whoever else we can that's over the age of 25. Part of me wants Adams to focus on getting Sam to buy into the new direction and lock him up long term, add two NHL goalies, and be prepared for hopefully a more normal regular season that doesn't see the Sabres playing in Death Row.
I'm going with trade all 3 of them asap.

Reinhart to Minn for Boldy
Eichel to LA for Turcotte, 1st ++
Risto to anywhere for 2nd

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I'm going with trade all 3 of them asap.

Reinhart to Minn for Boldy
Eichel to LA for Turcotte, 1st ++
Risto to anywhere for 2nd

That's the thing - if those are the returns, then I'm on Team Trade. But that's the question, isn't it? If it's Eichel to LA for Turcotte and a 1st, and Reinhart to Calgary for Monahan, then hard pass. Include Bjornfot and Vilardi, and move Sam for something better than Monahan, and we're back in business.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
That's the thing - if those are the returns, then I'm on Team Trade. But that's the question, isn't it? If it's Eichel to LA for Turcotte and a 1st, and Reinhart to Calgary for Monahan, then hard pass. Include Bjornfot and Vilardi, and move Sam for something better than Monahan, and we're back in business.
It would be weird to trade Eichel for futures and then trade Reinhart for Monahan, that doesn't make much sense. Monahan definitely doesn't seem to be some kind of player-leader to lead the youth along.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The argument that Darcy had to go because he wouldn't buy players for the playoffs sounds pretty funny about now. Kudos to the fans who ran the last professional management team out of town.

Reactions: Hasek and jc17

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The argument that Darcy had to go because he wouldn't buy players for the playoffs sounds pretty funny about now. Kudos to the fans who ran the last professional management team out of town.

The fans didn't run Darcy out of town. The vast majority of fans were completely behind the rebuild effort that Darcy initiated (outside the vocal minority). Remember, LaFontaine was very much anti-rebuild. Darcy was fired the same day Patty was hired as Prez of Hockey Ops.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Its just so hard to have confidence in this team's ability to evaluate talent. Over the past 3-4 years the vast majority of our moves have been bad. Our trades, our signings, our drafting has not given an indication they can identify good hockey players.

I liked the peterka pick, I thought the Staal deal was fine even if he wasn't that great. Otherwise every time we have a chance to change the roster we make it worse

I feel like I can only cross my fingers and hope Adams was influenced by Krueger and this offseason will be different but it's really just a desperate hope

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Its just so hard to have confidence in this team's ability to evaluate talent. Over the past 3-4 years the vast majority of our moves have been bad. Our trades, our signings, our drafting has not given an indication they can identify good hockey players.

I liked the peterka pick, I thought the Staal deal was fine even if he wasn't that great. Otherwise every time we have a chance to change the roster we make it worse

I feel like I can only cross my fingers and hope Adams was influenced by Krueger and this offseason will be different but it's really just a desperate hope

My hope is that Granato supplants Krueger's role and remains active in roster building. I trust Donny's talent evaluation, based on how much he got out of Mitts/Tage/Asplund/Dahlin/Joker/etc

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
My hope is that Granato supplants Krueger's role and remains active in roster building. I trust Donny's talent evaluation, based on how much he got out of Mitts/Tage/Asplund/Dahlin/Joker/etc
Yeah, I think its tough to say how much input he'd have.

They haven't selected a coach yet, and by the time they do I don't know how much time there will be for him to put on the scouting hat. He's not new to the league but he strikes me as the kind of guy to focus much more on his team than others. Im sure he'd weigh in on guys he's seen play, but feel he himself wouldn't really want to pick specific players

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Yeah, I think its tough to say how much input he'd have.

They haven't selected a coach yet, and by the time they do I don't know how much time there will be for him to put on the scouting hat. He's not new to the league but he strikes me as the kind of guy to focus much more on his team than others. Im sure he'd weigh in on guys he's seen play, but feel he himself wouldn't really want to pick specific players

Impossible to say. I know he's not officially the coach yet, but Adams strikes me as the kind of guy who wants to hear other people's opinions - whether incoming coach, outgoing coach, whatever - so at the very least he'd hear what Donny has to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad