Prospect Info: Jack Eichel (2015, 2nd) – '15-16: Buffalo #15 (NHL) – Part 1: And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I want to see the reactions to the trade. Was everyone in attendance violently puking everywhere while screaming "COMPHER!?!?!?!?!".

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Jack Eichel's Draft Week (6/26/16) - 1:42 Mins

[NHL]830803[/NHL]
Follow Buffalo's top pick through the week in Florida leading up to the 2015 NHL Draft.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Sabres Select Jack Eichel - 1:52 Mins

[NHL]830806[/NHL]
The Buffalo Sabres select Boston University forward Jack Eichel
with the 2nd overall selection in the 2015 Entry Draft.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Not only am I thrilled with the pick, but I think the song they played just after the pick couldn't be more fitting for the team that Tim Murray has put together so far. The Avengers theme. What a great night for buffalo.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I believe Reinhart sat with the Sabres brass on day two of the draft last year. So where will Eichel be? #wheresjack

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Yeah but we lost JT Compher today. Murray sucks ass.

I don't know if I'm alone or not, but I just don't care about losing Compher...he's slid so much since we took him IMO.

I wish you guys could have all seen my reaction when they announced that ROR was coming...he's just utterly perfect for our needs going forward and it just doesn't matter what we gave up to get him.

leafster7

Leafs and Jets fan
May 12, 2010
Toronto
Didn't get McDavid but you guys got a franchise-changing elite player who would have been first overall in another year. I'm afraid for my Leafs now.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I want to see the reactions to the trade. Was everyone in attendance violently puking everywhere while screaming "COMPHER!?!?!?!?!".

If only 716 got off that easy. Rob Ray punched Byron Brown and several writers from BN threatened to light themselves on fire after a failed coup at the FNC.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know if I'm alone or not, but I just don't care about losing Compher...he's slid so much since we took him IMO.

I wish you guys could have all seen my reaction when they announced that ROR was coming...he's just utterly perfect for our needs going forward and it just doesn't matter what we gave up to get him.

I was definitely being sarcastic. I'd file Compher under "interesting" but we had a surplus of "interesting". Stinks to lose him but what are you gonna do...

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Losing Compher is no biggie. His best chance of making the nhl was as an average 3rd line defensive checker or a 4th line energy guy. Pretty common and easy to replace.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Didn't get McDavid but you guys got a franchise-changing elite player who would have been first overall in another year. I'm afraid for my Leafs now.

You guys made out really well though being able to choose between Hanifin and Marner, especially since you went into the season as merely mediocre rather than terrible. The Leafs have actually been eerily competent lately from getting good deadline returns, somehow shedding Clarkson, and making a lot of strong hires (on paper). The one thing is it seems no one knows if the team is really going to get rid of Kessel and Phaneuf like they have to in my opinion, even if the return isn't what they think it should be. They need to rebuild properly. There are already some really strong pieces in place between Rielly, Marner, and Nylander, but ditching Phaneuf and Kessel then drafting high next season is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad