Jack Edwards announces he will retire after this season

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Homer, yet also respectable at the actual role. Same cannot be said for some others. Such as Florida.
Respectable? Lmao, again, he’s had some rudely uneducated takes on the Panthers, carried on about fat Pat. He’s anything but respectable.

Again, he’s your guy and the most of the other teams’ fans think he’s a douche, you think floridas guys are. I both don’t care and disagree.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Won't be missed. I didn't mind him being a homer but he had some of the stupidest, most unprofessional takes.
I do wish him well in retirement however. It isn't funny when your body starts betraying you.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Eh, he's still probably less of a homer than the Colorado guys.

Caught the Boston feed highlights from when they played the Oilers earlier in the year and he didn't sound right. Hope he at least has his health moving forward.

Reactions: insomniaddict

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Completely agree. He was a regular strong contender for my favorite PBP guy - as I've said elsewhere, he's a homer, but he's one of those rare homers that recognizes that it makes your team look that more awesome when you also hype up the opponent, and consequentially he had far more praise for the Jackets than just about any other PBP guy I ever heard (as at best most of them try to forget we exist).

Hearing his speech issues getting worse was just incredibly disappointing. Hope he has a good retirement, and I hope he continues to enjoy his team as much as he clearly always does, even despite the failure and misery I would otherwise wish for said team. ;)
Jeff Rimer, another guy retiring this year did PBP better than anyone without being a total homer.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Do I have to stick to TV? Because George Matthews' days as radio PBP for the Jackets are why I'm a hockey fan.

Beyond him, I also enjoyed Pete Weber and still occasionally like John Forslund.
I was talking about team PBP guys on TV. As a Panther fan, always thought Rimer followed the play well without getting into the hyperbole.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
He really, really struggles to put together sentences now, it's tough to listen to.

I do hope he figures out whatever is causing this and gets back to normal.
There's no physical symptoms or tests for dementia, it's diagnosed with behavior exactly like what we have seen with Jack.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
How anyone can listen to Jack and have an issue with our broadcast team is both beyond me and hilarious.

They're cut from the same cloth as Edwards. They're homer's who cater to their audience. If you can't see that... then they've got you sold on their routine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad