Jack Campbell - Second Round Pick Countdown

KingsCup1214

Jun 4, 2015
Its sort of win / win for us right? If they miss the playoffs, we get a 3rd but its at least a little bit better of a third. If they make the playoffs + Campbell gets his 6 wins, its a second but that second then is a high second as they've at least made the playoffs. Wost case is they make the playoffs and Campbell doesn't get his 6.

At the end of the day, how cares I guess (this at least gives me a reason to scoreboard watch), we will get what we get.

The conditional pick is in 2021 (next year). Best case scenario is they make the playoffs this year and miss it next year giving us a good second round pick.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
At least Toronto won tdday. If Toronto waits too long to open up the Soup, they may get botulism.

Reactions: lumbergh

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Nope. Kings get a second if:
- Campbell wins 6 AND Toronto makes the playoffs

OR

- Kyle Clifford re-signs with Toronto
The higher probability could well be KC signing with the Leafs. I think Toronto will ride it out with Anderson unless he is out injured long term. Switching now/soon/eventually to Campbell over Anderson and missing the playoffs would not go over well with fans I believe.

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
They'd be fools to ride Andersen this hard all the way up to the playoffs and have a tired goalie before a game is played. Ideally they get a gap and give him some rest against some easier opponents, and Campbell milks them for wins.

It's still ridiculous that he basically challenges for the starting role through performance then gets sat for 3 weeks

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They'd be fools to ride Andersen this hard all the way up to the playoffs and have a tired goalie before a game is played. Ideally they get a gap and give him some rest against some easier opponents, and Campbell milks them for wins.

It's still ridiculous that he basically challenges for the starting role through performance then gets sat for 3 weeks

That's also a good way to set your 1B caliber goalie up for failure, letting him get zero rhythm while your shitty starter gets to work through his issues.

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
As bad as the Kings were, Campbell was at least getting a start a week. The Leafs are so poorly run and will go nowhere.
With Florida fading, it looks like TOR should make the playoffs. But if they don’t start playing Campbell here and there, Freddie will be over worked and they get eliminated in the first round, that might happen anyway, but just don’t go into the playoffs with a tired goalie.

Soapdodger

Dec 31, 2007
There are still enough games left to get Campbell to six victories. I bet they will give Andersen more rest once they are clear of Florida

Reactions: DoktorJeep

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Speculation is that Campbell will also start in Anaheim this week. Once the Leafs get back from the California trip Andersen will handle most of the games down the stretch (13 games remaining).

Only back to back left in their schedule is March 25/26 versus Tampa and Carolina. They close out the season at home to Montreal and if they Leafs are home and cooled out by then, expect Campbell to start that one.

They could call up a goalie as well and start him if the games have no consequence on playoff seeding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad