Jack Campbell closer to return with Stars

Ssudzzy

Jun 10, 2014
He had 150+ AHL starts and 90 wins at the same point in his career as Campbell is at now.

Campbell has barely half of that.

He hasn't been healthy. We've seen stretches where he looked like a world class goalie but he hasn't been healthy long enough to get into a rhythm. Same with Kari at one point in his career. Give him the opportunity to show he can be that guy. The last thing I want is we let this guy walk and he's starting for the Canucks in a couple years and is a legit shut down goalie. I say Canucks because of the coach.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Would we let him walk because we don't want to meet his asking price? I say sign him unless he absolutely falls off the earth this year. What do we have to lose? Its not like Desrosiers is putting up better numbers than Campbell when he played for the Steelheads.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
He hasn't been healthy. We've seen stretches where he looked like a world class goalie but he hasn't been healthy long enough to get into a rhythm. Same with Kari at one point in his career. Give him the opportunity to show he can be that guy. The last thing I want is we let this guy walk and he's starting for the Canucks in a couple years and is a legit shut down goalie. I say Canucks because of the coach.

I don't care if a former Stars pick succeeds elsewhere, and I'm not sure why anyone should so long as the Stars have decent goaltending. There are available goalies every year, it's always a gamble and there are better options than Campbell if he does go.

LowSodium

Jan 4, 2015
Dallas
Is this a "could have been" draft picks thread?

If so, Larkin and Domi are looking really good right now, both taken a few spots behind Honka and Nuke respectively.

I don't want to go into Faksa because there are a lot of names behind him that I'd rather have on the roster tbh lol.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Ryan Miller did not establish himself as a starting goalie in the NHL until 6 years after he was drafted. Not ready to give up on Campbell yet.

Ryan Miller was a consistent AHL starter in the 3 years prior to his permanent call-up to the NHL. His record in the AHL was 91-60-16 and 41 of those wins came in his last season there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad