Prospect Info: Jachym kondelik (C) selected 111th overall by Preds

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
He was ranked 80th overall I see by hockey news. He is a massive centre at 6’7” and 218 pounds.

Had 34 points (16 goals) in 44 games in the USHL last season.

Write up says:

Huge kid with sweet hands needs to work on skating mechanics

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Poile has decent luck with the 4th round.... how cool would it be to have someone who can look Chara in the eye??

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Scout standing on a footstool: How tall are you?

Kondelik: 6'6" 6'7"

Scout incredulous: and you are not a goalie?

Kondelik: No....I am a center.

Scout thinks: Basketball center?

Kondelik: No, hockey!

Scout wonders: How'd you like to be on a hockey team where you are not the tallest?

Kondelik: Ok! I'm sick of getting soccer balls in the ceilings during warm ups.

Reactions: adsfan

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
The size is obviously intriguing, but lack of intensity? I don't think that's something you just teach an individual.

Hopefully it's a case of him having gone through his development never needing that extra level of intensity simply because he was always dominating on his size alone. Maybe some legit pro competition will bring it out of him. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
The size is obviously intriguing, but lack of intensity? I don't think that's something you just teach an individual.

Hopefully it's a case of him having gone through his development never needing that extra level of intensity simply because he was always dominating on his size alone. Maybe some legit pro competition will bring it out of him. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

You're reading into one single opinion and seem to be taking it as fact. The statement by the Preds scout right above seems to directly contradict it. "...he’s competitive and he’s hard to play against"

In any case, this is a 4th round pick that is probably years out and probably wasn't even focused on very much in pre-draft by most of these "media scout" type of guys. Much too early to worry

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I suspect it's the same type of observation made by people who claimed Legwand was lazy, etc. When you're that big your stride doesn't look hurried like a 5'10" jitterbug skater does and gets misinterpreted as lazy or lacomic

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
It
I suspect it's the same type of observation made by people who claimed Legwand was lazy, etc. When you're that big your stride doesn't look hurried like a 5'10" jitterbug skater does and gets misinterpreted as lazy or lacomic

It's the pendulum effect. The longer the pendulum, (AKA the longer the legs) the longer the ground the pendulum covers. Thus, the taller the person, the faster they walk. And 'Damned short people keep getting in the way!'

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Speaking of relatively big two-way centers, Barkov doesn't exactly look like he's busting his ass on the ice either and I think Florida is cool with the result

Reactions: PredsV82

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Probably a few of the monsters taken in this year's draft would have gone MUCH higher in past generations of the draft. There has been a sensible shift. It's an interesting project to undertake. Hanzal was very effective in the league before injuries brought him down. If this dude didn't have a few holes in his game right now we wouldn't have been able to draft him 111th, afterall.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
You're reading into one single opinion and seem to be taking it as fact. The statement by the Preds scout right above seems to directly contradict it. "...he’s competitive and he’s hard to play against"

In any case, this is a 4th round pick that is probably years out and probably wasn't even focused on very much in pre-draft by most of these "media scout" type of guys. Much too early to worry

Teams always say that they hit a home run on every player right after drafting them. As I said, he can make it, I just doubt it. As a 4th rounder he's a long shot anyway, so any flaw in his game is going to make it that much more unlikely. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Teams always say that they hit a home run on every player right after drafting them. As I said, he can make it, I just doubt it. As a 4th rounder he's a long shot anyway, so any flaw in his game is going to make it that much more unlikely. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

So I take it that one random guy saying that he lacks "intensity" is gospel? That's the only place I've seen it. I've seen plenty of people praising his 2-way game, don't see too many players praised for their defensive efforts while also "lacking intensity". But if you want to get down on a 4th round pick 1 day after he was drafted because a single one of the many wannabe scouts that charge $10 for a scouting report once a year thinks he lacks intensity, who am I stop you?

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Sounds like we drafted Edjsell as a younger player.

This is a class as a whole that we will just have to wait and see on. If any of the 4 actually see NHL ice time then this will be a successful draft.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This is probably what we said when we drafted Arvidsson. Long shot, but hopefully some shit sticks when we throw it against the wall

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad