NBA Ja Morant suspended 25 games

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
LOL what a joke. :laugh:

Silver one again letting the inmates run the asylum.

I miss when we had Iron Fisted David Stern running the league.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Damn, guess the grizzlies ain’t winning the in-season tournament.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Let's not kid ourselves, it won't be his last suspension. He may realize that playing around with firearms isn't smart but he'll get involved in some other stupid shit.

And, like clockwork, Adam Silver being the pushover he is will just look the other way. Best commissioner in sports? Yeah best at being friends with the players.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Let's not kid ourselves, it won't be his last suspension. He may realize that playing around with firearms isn't smart but he'll get involved in some other stupid shit.

And, like clockwork, Adam Silver being the pushover he is will just look the other way. Best commissioner in sports? Yeah best at being friends with the players.

One of these days he and his crew will run up on wrong person

And Adam Silver is joke at this point

Reactions: HisIceness

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He can’t reach 65 games for the escalator in his contract to reach super max according to Windhorst assuming he could have gotten the votes.

So he is upwards 20+ million lost

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Not good enough, Ja Morant when he comes back will talk more trash and not learn a thing. The Grizzlies are not gonna be the same after this.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Ive said for years Silver is basically that kid in HS who just wants to be friends with the cool kids/jocks and will do anything for that to happen.

Between Draymond not being punished for fighting his own teammate and now this paltry suspension, I dont think he knows the definition of discipline.

One of these days he and his crew will run up on wrong person

And Adam Silver is joke at this point

Either that or he will end up in either a Plaxico or Pacman type of situation.

Reactions: HisIceness

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Think I'm missing something - was he breaking a law or is it just a "this is a bad look for the league" kind of deal?

I'm no 2nd amendment zealot but there's a whole lot of guns owned by a whole lot of people in this country. I dont see why having one in a video would be major suspension worthy.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Think I'm missing something - was he breaking a law or is it just a "this is a bad look for the league" kind of deal?

I'm no 2nd amendment zealot but there's a whole lot of guns owned by a whole lot of people in this country. I dont see why having one in a video would be major suspension worthy.

The NBA wants to be seen as a progressive politically correct league.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast

there is speculation that an incident with his crew and Pacers security staff last season involved pointing a gun; but it's just speculation, and the official story is a 'laser pointer'

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
there is speculation that an incident with his crew and Pacers security staff last season involved pointing a gun; but it's just speculation, and the official story is a 'laser pointer'
I just don't understand the crime here - I mean people are allowed to have guns. Getting caught on a friends live instagram video holding one doesn't seem like something punishable. Did it go off? Did he threaten someone? I really think I must have missed some key element if they can suspend him for 25 games and take away all that dough.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I just don't understand the crime here - I mean people are allowed to have guns. Getting caught on a friends live instagram video holding one doesn't seem like something punishable. Did it go off? Did he threaten someone? I really think I must have missed some key element if they can suspend him for 25 games and take away all that dough.

Technically its brandishing. Though its a low level misdemeanor with a max sentence of a few months in jail and a fine up to 1k.

In terms of the league punishment. It's conduct detrimental to the league and its image. Plenty of companies have conduct policies and punishments.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Technically its brandishing. Though its a low level misdemeanor with a max sentence of a few months in jail and a fine up to 1k.

In terms of the league punishment. It's conduct detrimental to the league and its image. Plenty of companies have conduct policies and punishments.
Doesn't brandishing involve intimidation? As I understand it he was just hanging out with a friend.

Conduct detrimental to the league image I get - but is also tragically vague

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
23 year old millionaire does something stupid on social media.

Never seen it before......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad