Friedman: J Schmaltz possibly available

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
More of a logic rather than insidership here but what he says makes sense:

13. The right side of the St. Louis defence is loaded, which could mean a new home for AHL all-star Jordan Schmaltz. Taken 25th in the 2012 draft, the 24-year-old is all but blocked from a significant role with the Blues. Don’t take this as they dislike him, but I do think he could be an interesting piece in a deadline deal.

Sabres are one of the teams looking for players like him, what would be the ask in terms of more secondary pieces as I doubt Botts trades ROR/Eichel/Reinhart/Mittelstadt for him?

Reactions: Duke16

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I can't see his value being overly high on the trade market considering his waiver eligibility next season. I've always liked him as a prospect though. Common sense says Stan Bowman makes a call.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Would Kane for Schmaltz+2nd be feasible? Kane has gone into a bit of a slump recently but it surely also is caused by his status on the team. Or would you look for other type of piece?

I don't think we'd be interested in rentals, but I'd be fine paying that.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Is St. Louis interested in Maroon? I think the Oilers could be interested in Schmaltz if Maroon is a target for the Blues. We only have 2 NHL RD at the moment so it could be a fit.
Not in the least. He is to slow for what we are moving towards playing style wise

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I would love for the Hawks to look into this but I am not sure the Blues would trade with the Hawks or they have what the Blues need. What do the Blues need?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Would Kane for Schmaltz+2nd be feasible? Kane has gone into a bit of a slump recently but it surely also is caused by his status on the team. Or would you look for other type of piece?
Eh....not all that interested in Kane, but something could he worked out. JS isnt going to cost alot to get.
Is St. Louis interested in Maroon? I think the Oilers could be interested in Schmaltz if Maroon is a target for the Blues. We only have 2 NHL RD at the moment so it could be a fit.
No...but same applies as above.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Bailey does nothing for he Blues since we have Thompson, Kyrou and Kostin as RW prospects.

I’m sure Schmaltz is available, but I doubt we’re looking to trade him. Dunn is an NHL player, and I can’t imagine we’ll be keeping Gunnarsson’s $2.9m cap hit in the press box next season. So there is likely to be a roster spot next season.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
With Schmaltz as the main piece going to buffalo, what would it take to get Reinhart as a return?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad