J.G. Pageau appreciation thread

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I absolutely love this guy and he's one of my favorite Senators of all-time. He poured his heart every shift.

He was the Mark Stone of our bottom 6 where he made everyone he played with better there. The Condras, the Conachers, etc....

He will be back July 1st.

Edit: :(

Last edited:
Reactions: L'Aveuglette

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
As a Sens fan who wanted JGP traded as the team is not competing any time soon, it still hurts to see the last of the Pesky Sens go.
Pageau is a solid addition for the Isles - who I will be rooting for in the playoffs now that they have Pageau. Isles fans will love him!

Reactions: DrEasy and Kamina

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'll miss him. But I also hope he manages to show any doubters on the Island just how freaking amazing he is in the playoffs, and transforms the Islanders into a contender in the East.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I will miss the Pageau chants, so many other great moments with him.

JGP was an absolute stud for us. The return makes the sting of losing him easier but it still stings.

All the best to the Isles.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Him and Mark Stone were my favourite Sens of recent years. Now they are both gone. Great haul for Pager but we are going to be bad for at least another few years.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
The only way this trade can be sweeter is if Pageau re-signs with is on the summer. I wouldn't even be mad at 6 years X 5 mil after this haul he got us.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
You have always been one of my favourites Pageau. Your dismantling of Montreal was among my most favourite moments as a Senators fan. PAGEAU! Pageau-Pageau-Pageau, PAGEAU, PAGEAU!

Reactions: Raze The Stray

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Really hopes he signs back home in the offseason, if not...godspeed Pager!

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I wanted him traded because that's the nature of the business these days, but he'll definitely be missed. I loved everything that he did for the team over the years. He was a great 3C for us and he managed some iconic playoff moments for the team in time.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
JG, you're going for another run in the playoffs. Have fun and hope you win if the Jets are out of it.

But please, come back this summer. I understand if you don't though, wouldn't be surprising if Melnyk is low-balling you and can't blame anyone to not have faith in him

Good luck the rest of the way,

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Great guy with an incredible work ethic! It will be nice to see him cash in and get the financial security he was looking for.
Being on a "Trotz" led team is a great way to make the transition.
Tough to see him go but it is a business after all!

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I remember drafting Pageau in the fourth round and being happy they were giving the small local guy a shot. It seemed like a real long shot at the time and I never imagined he'd turn into the player he did. I wish him nothing but success.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Congrats to Pageau on the new contract. Congrats to Dorion on the return. Congrats to the Isles on getting a great player.

Losing the Pageau Pageau chant a tough one to swallow. But this seems the best for all parties. I'll be rooting for the Isles .. starting next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad