Value of: J. Faulk and J. Williams

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Faulk is probably The best D-man for the canes to trade, and Williams is a UFA next summer. Might teams like the Leafs or oilers be interested?

How about...
Faulk and Williams for 25th overall + Adam Brooks + Kapenen

Faulk and Williams for 10th overall + Pulju + Ostap Safin

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Faulk is probably The best D-man for the canes to trade, and Williams is a UFA next summer. Might teams like the Leafs or oilers be interested?

How about...

I personally wouldn't have much interest but I am in the minority most likely. I think it works for Edmonton more.

Faulk is good offensively but kind of meh defensively. The Leafs have a few of those, Faulk is right handed is the only difference really.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I hope the OP wasn’t suggesting that the two packages were equivalent. There’s a significant difference between the two. Toronto underpays, imo, although I'm sure their fans disagree based on how they view Kapanen. Edmonton overpays and I'm sure Oiler fans will take the opportunity to further trash Faulk in this thread.

Williams isn’t untouchable, but it’s unlikely that he, as one of the few veteran players and vocal leaders on a young team, would be pushed out the door. His former linemate was just named HC, to boot. He only goes if he wants go, imo.

Carolina is still in wait and see mode with the defense; it’s not as if they have to make a move to free up a spot for a prospect and unless Dundon goes full Melnyk, the budget won’t be a consideration in a decision to move him. Keeping him allows Bean, his offensive replacement, some time to develop in Charlotte and potentially allows Faulk to regain some lost value as his down offensive season was driven by an uncharacteristically low shooting percentage.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I hope the OP wasn’t suggesting that the two packages were equivalent. There’s a significant difference between the two. Toronto underpays, imo, although I'm sure their fans disagree based on how they view Kapanen. Edmonton overpays and I'm sure Oiler fans will take the opportunity to further trash Faulk in this thread.

Williams isn’t untouchable, but it’s unlikely that he, as one of the few veteran players and vocal leaders on a young team, would be pushed out the door. His former linemate was just named HC, to boot. He only goes if he wants go, imo.

Carolina is still in wait and see mode with the defense; it’s not as if they have to make a move to free up a spot for a prospect and unless Dundon goes full Melnyk, the budget won’t be a consideration in a decision to move him. Keeping him allows Bean, his offensive replacement, some time to develop in Charlotte and potentially allows Faulk to regain some lost value as his down offensive season was driven by an uncharacteristically low shooting percentage.

yes. we disagree because we view kapanen highly. leafs have no use for williams, and while faulk is a rhd he is basically a RH version of gardiner that doesnt pass as well but shoots harder. not the type the leafs are to be trading their young guns + 1st rd picks for. would the canes trade 1st rd picks + top prospects/young players for anything less than the 1C they need? didnt think so

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

How about...

Great big no thank you from Edmonton.

I like Faulk, he's a solid 2nd pairing offensive defenseman but also a defensive liability.

Not sure what is fair for him but I'd like him in Edmonton but not for your proposed package.

Williams is a good player but I'd rather take a shot at free agents and have zero interest in trading for rental wingers. I have no idea why a team that just missed the playoffs would trade for any rentals let alone a 36 year old one.

edit he's 36 not 35

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017

How about...

10+Puljujarvi has way more value that 25+Kapanen

No way I would do it as an Oilers fan.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Listen how Brind’Amour talks about Justin Williams and you’ll quickly come to the conclusion that the Canes aren’t trading him, Maybe at the deadline if the Canes are out of it, but not before.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad