Confirmed with Link: Ivan Provorov Signs Extension - 6 Years/$40.5M ($6.75AAV)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
In order for Hayes to earn his contract, he needs to be a 55-65 point guy with very good defensive play. I think he can absolutely do that. Especially with how good our wingers are.

Uh, maybe five years ago.
His PP will depend on usage, he scores around 4.5 pp/60 on the PP, Voracek 5.5.
To earn his contract Hayes has to do three things:
1) score 35-40 ES points
2) be a plus defender
3) be a plus PK guy
Anything on the PP is bonus, since we're deep with potential PP forwards: Giroux, Voracek, JVR, Couts, Patrick, TK, Lindblom (Frost, Farabee at some point this season or next).

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
It's really not hate for Hayes, it's his contract.

He got paid for a level of play that didn't even last one full year. It's risky to assume he'll be able to maintain that and also give him trade protection so we're forced to protect him in the expansion draft.

If he goes back to pre-2018-2019 Hayes, it's a bad overpayment.

Well its sort of a pay to play thing. Who else was really available? I think we can also be realistic in the sense that Hayes should have some wingers as well. One good thing is he doesn't score a lot of points on the power play so you can probably expect some decent ES production.

I think this forum tries to look at everything through some sort of prism lens in which they can bend scenarios to justify their position. He got paid a bit more than fair market value, is only 27, and isn't terribly injury prone. I highly doubt this will end up being like the MacDonald situation because I think the Flyers could get out of it if needs be and he'll make the line-up better not worse.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Well its sort of a pay to play thing. Who else was really available? I think we can also be realistic in the sense that Hayes should have some wingers as well. One good thing is he doesn't score a lot of points on the power play so you can probably expect some decent ES production.

I think this forum tries to look at everything through some sort of prism lens in which they can bend scenarios to justify their position. He got paid a bit more than fair market value, is only 27, and isn't terribly injury prone. I highly doubt this will end up being like the MacDonald situation because I think the Flyers could get out of it if needs be and he'll make the line-up better not worse.

Yeah I mean, he was overpaid by about $500K at absolute most and that is pretty standard for the UFA market. The only issue I have with the Hayes deal is that I don't like the NMC the first 3 years and I would have preferred 6 years instead of 7. I can live with all of the things I don't like about it though. He makes us better now and going forward for many years.

Reactions: Audible Velvet

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Doubtful, Patrick has been working out all summer and it's "week to week."
To me it sounds like a training injury, maybe lifting weights.

Reactions: Curufinwe

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I hope I don’t have to watch more of money bags than Gostisbehere and Sanheim

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
I can't wait to leave work, pick up Borderlands 3 and the new Toasted Cheddar Chalupa from taco bell, go home and put my Provorov jersey (and nothing else) on, and live my best life.

Don't forget the scratch-offs. ;)

mybestlife_covered.jpg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He didn't really have any leverage to warrant one. It's not like he gave us a discount either.

He could only get it for the last two years of the deal anyway, so it's not like the Flyers wouldn't have had an opportunity to move him anyway.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My "hate" for the Hayes signing is basically connected to anything slightly negative said about him being met with the word "hate" immediately.

My "hate" for the Hayes signing is basically exactly proportional to how much I hate Kevin Hayes, which is massively. I don't hate the deal as much as I hate the player, but it is super close.

Reactions: Jtown and kudymen

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
All the top FAs got NMCs, I mean why would you sign anywhere that didn't give you one and find yourself shipped off to Calgary or Winnipeg in a couple years?
The whole point of free agency is not just the money, but choosing where you'll be the next few years.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
In order for Hayes to earn his contract, he needs to be a 55-65 point guy with very good defensive play. I think he can absolutely do that. Especially with how good our wingers are.

After seeing this beauty, I have no concerns about Kevin's defensive play. :naughty:

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
As someone who’s criticised almost every deal Fletch has made, this one isn’t bad. It’s not great, but it’s not an overpayment either.

Yeah, after looking at Werenski's deal, Provy's looks fair to both sides.

Now, just order him 200 sticks with the same pattern as 2017-18, burn the cut down pee-wee sticks he used last year, and we're golden.

So apparently Patrick is out with a UBI even though they have yet to practice. Is he related to Neuvirth ?

Was he playing golf with G?

That can be very dangerous. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad