Confirmed with Link: Ivan Provorov Signs Extension - 6 Years/$40.5M ($6.75AAV)

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
My favorite thing is when MacDonald is paired with a rookie defenseman, and he decides to activate Ghost Mode, especially after he scores a goal or does something half-decent earlier in a game. To predictable results. He doesn't only possess the hockey IQ of a turnip; he has the self-awareness of a turnip. But MacDonald went to the bench and told Hakstol and Murphy that it was just a little rookie hazing. They all laughed.

Pretty good 1 on 3 defense though by Mr. Softee.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
B61DD049-82E0-4F7F-8DFF-2E1667F4CC8A.jpeg

We got a shout out in the comment section of that video too.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
TK, Ghost, and Hakstol have all admitted he does little one on one.
I have no doubt he’s a poor inter-personal communicator.

I do think he teaches systems & defense well.

I don’t think he’s a brilliant coach.

I do think he’s a lot better than he’s often portrayed on message boards.

Reactions: hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
What defensive system aspects do you think the Flyers are doing well that's attributable to the head coach?

At whose feet are the woes of the PK to be placed?
Its been players here for along time. They might score points but all other fundementals are not there at all. This year is done already so enjoy the summer LOL.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
What defensive system aspects do you think the Flyers are doing well that's attributable to the head coach?

At whose feet are the woes of the PK to be placed?

I think, over the span of Hakstol’s 3 seasons, the Flyers’ forechecking & neutral zone systems have been strong. They even adjusted to a 1-2-2 from his more aggressive 1-1-3 early last season & it was a good adjustment.

I also think the team in general is pretty good on the walls & in defensive zone coverage, though, as with every team, they certainly have their blips.

The PK I’d prefer to be more aggressive. I’d consider playing Ghost as a forward on the PK. But I also think the goaltending has been the biggest problem on the PK.

Reactions: Adtar02

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
The Hakshell is a thing, and that is not a good defensive system. The forechecking you make mention to, I do not see the aggressiveness as it relates to other teams. The Flyers may be more aggressive than they were in the previous few years, but they are not a high pressure team compared to other NHL clubs.

Being good on the walls is an individual player attribute, I wouldn't say that's a coaching adjustment. Otherwise, why would any player be bad on the boards? The coach would just tell that player to be better, and the player would become better.

There have been plenty of bad goals given up by the Flyers due to defensive zone coverage mishaps. Comically, AMac has a lot of those, and sadly, Sanheim was on the wrong side of a bunch, and magically, Hagg often was not. Sometimes the forwards don't backcheck well, or the defenseman pinch, or skate out of the zone, at inopportune times.

The PK has ruined every goalie. It is not likely the goalies who are the problem, but the lack of the Flyers defensive scheme to limit the high danger shots/clear the porch.

I will agree the Flyers have been playing well in the neutral zone. So that's good, got that going for them.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
The Hakshell is a thing, and that is not a good defensive system. The forechecking you make mention to, I do not see the aggressiveness as it relates to other teams. The Flyers may be more aggressive than they were in the previous few years, but they are not a high pressure team compared to other NHL clubs.

Being good on the walls is an individual player attribute, I wouldn't say that's a coaching adjustment. Otherwise, why would any player be bad on the boards? The coach would just tell that player to be better, and the player would become better.

There have been plenty of bad goals given up by the Flyers due to defensive zone coverage mishaps. Comically, AMac has a lot of those, and sadly, Sanheim was on the wrong side of a bunch, and magically, Hagg often was not. Sometimes the forwards don't backcheck well, or the defenseman pinch, or skate out of the zone, at inopportune times.

The PK has ruined every goalie. It is not likely the goalies who are the problem, but the lack of the Flyers defensive scheme to limit the high danger shots/clear the porch.

I will agree the Flyers have been playing well in the neutral zone. So that's good, got that going for them.

The “Hakshell” isn’t a change in system. Posters bandy this about & cant even agree if the term represents a system change or personnel usage. Well, it’s sure not much of a system change. Most of it is they are a mediocre team that struggles to get it out of the defensive zone against urgent pressure & end up icing the puck too much, which all leads to more defensive zone time. People blindly contribute this to a system change. It’s not. It’s a personnel issue. Even the guy who created the “Fire Hakstok” thread had the awareness to realize the “Hakshell,” as a system change, is a lie. Now, if you dispute some of the personnel deployment, I agree there’s some legitimate questions there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad