GDT: Ivan Hlinka Memorial - Canada - USA for gold

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Surprised with all the draft junkies on this board and that this tournament is the beginning for these players in their draft year - that no one is talking about it here.

Anyway, Canada goes for their 6th consecutive gold medal at the tournament - standing in their way - the USA.

Game begins at 9 am EDT.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
I wish somebody streamed this....been checking scores every day. My understanding, based on info from smarter people on the prospects page, is that this is essentially the USA "B" team against Canada's best. I think it bodes well for the US that we made it this far. Love these tourneys.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I wish somebody streamed this....been checking scores every day. My understanding, based on info from smarter people on the prospects page, is that this is essentially the USA "B" team against Canada's best. I think it bodes well for the US that we made it this far. Love these tourneys.

Any explanation for why US wouldn't send their best to such a prestigious tourney?

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
NHL Network would rather show the Nik Lidstrom NHL 36 for 3 hours than this apparently.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Any explanation for why US wouldn't send their best to such a prestigious tourney?

Apparently, its simply to get more young kids international experience. Our national development team kids get lots of chances to test themselves internationally and this is a chance to expose some other kids (who may, in the long run, turn into players for future USA teams).

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
I wish we got some type of coverage in the US. I've been watching the highlights on tsn.ca since NHL network only cares about Mike Richards and his dog Arnold

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It would have been nice to watch this. Congrats to Team Canada for their sixth straight gold medal!

chippa13*

Congrats to Canada to for beating the US'B' team

USB
USB
USB

love ya DOM!

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Congrats to Canada to for beating the US'B' team

USB
USB
USB

love ya DOM!

Haha buddy

Was waiting for you to say something.... rather than start an "argument" here among the faithful, we'll leave this "B" team debate to twitter.

Let's also remember Canada left players at home that would have made their "B" team beat their own "A" team. Connor McDavid and Sam Reinhart and Jake Middleton say hello :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad